Chapter 8 A Nightmare Come True.

Edward decides it's best to take Bella home as did Rosalie and Samantha. Emmett goes upstair to get one of his shirts and pair of sweat pants, that Alexis had left behind, he hands them to her and she goes behind the sofa to change.Once she changes she comes back out, Emmett takes her in his arms.

"You okay?" Emmett asks.

"I'm fine, sorry to ruin Bella's birthday party."

"You didn't ruin anything, Lexie. As a matter of fact, this could have been much worse if it hadn't have been for you." Carlisle tells her as he comes back into the living room.

"I'm sure Jasper's pissed off at me or at the very least afraid of me now." Alexis says in a sad tone.

"Tell me, Lexie, were you going to attack Jasper?" Carlisle asks.

"No, I had no intention of attacking him I just wanted him to react, and if that didn't work, I could restrain him a lot easier in my Lycan form."

"So you never once lost control?" Carlisle asks

"My instincts kicked in to protect Bella, but never once did I lose control. Emmett can confirm that."

Emmett nods his head in affirmation.

Carlisle looks at both of them, "I find it interesting that you, Emmett, can sense Lexie's emotions, can you sense his?

"Yes, I can, but not as strongly as Emmett can sense mine. I know that it's common in mated Lycans that they can sense each other and I think that Emmett is getting a taste of it. Once we truly mate we should both be able to sense each other and our bond will never be broken, Lycans only ever mate once and stay loyal forever." Alexis says as she cuddles into Emmett.

"That's very interesting."

After a while Jasper and Alice come back inside. Alexis stands up and slowly makes her way towards Jasper, trying not to frighten him.

"Jazz, I am so sorry for what I did, but I had to protect Bella. I want you to know that I had no intention of hurting you, I just wanted you to react."

Jasper smiles at her, "I know that, darlin', I could sense that you weren't being aggressive. You only startled me, that's all. But you brought me back to myself, and for that I thank you." Jasper says as he opens his arms to give Alexis a hug.

She returns the hug, glad that things weren't going to be weird between them. Alice come and hugs Alexis too, thanking her for helping Jasper.

After Alexis helps the Cullens clean up, Emmett takes her home. They get Alexis' house and Emmett opens the door for her. She gets out of the car and gives Emmett a kiss, wrapping her arms around his waist she hugs him tightly.

"Do you think Bella's okay?" Alexis asks.

"Yeah she's fine, Edward is there to take care of her."

"Still, I think I'll jump the fence later and go check up on her."

"Alright, leave your window open so I can sneak in."

"Really, Emmett? Do you honestly think you can sneak into a Lycan's house that can not only hear you but smell you as well? You might as well come in the front door."

"Oh, right, well leave it open anyway, I'll take my chances with your mom."

"Okay, it your funeral."

With that, Emmett and Alexis kiss and he leaves. Once he's gone she walks around to the back of her house. She easily leaps over the fence and goes to the front door of Bella's house. Knocking on the door she waits for Bella to answer, it took Bella a few minutes to answer.