Chapter 19 To Friendship And Emmett's Return

The rest of the vacation went off without a hitch. Rosalie returned and she along with the others spent the remainder of their vacation skiing and snowboarding. Once it was time to leave, Ambrus and Alexis took Jacob and Bella aside so they could talk to them. Sitting them down in the den, Ambrus began.

"I suppose you are wondering why Lexie and I have called you in here."

Jacob and Bella looked at each other and they both nod.

"Ambrus and I have come to a decision about what we're going to recommend to Uncle Charlie," Alexis informs them.

"But first, I want to know, Jacob, what have you learned during this vacation?" Ambrus asks.

Jacob thinks for a moment, "I've learned that have better self control than I thought by having Rosalie around."

"What else?"

"I also learned that just because Rosalie is a vampire, that doesn't automatically make her a bad person. She's actually pretty cool."

"Good, that is what I wanted you to learn, That should not have any preconceived notions towards the Cullens based solely on the fact that they are vampires." Ambrus tells his young friend.

"Not all vampires are bad especially those with amber eyes, but on that same note not all shapeshifters, werewolves and Lycans are good. I can understand that you need to protect your tribe against the vampires with the red eyes, but try to be a little bit more objective towards those with amber eyes. And on that note, Lexie and I have decided that we will recommend to Charlie that he allow you and Bella to remain friends." Ambrus informs them.

Bella and Jacob look at each other, they smile then hug. Afterwards, they both get up in or to hug Alexis and Ambrus. at that moment, Rosalie and Samantha come into the den to congratulate Bella and Jacob as well.

"I'm happy that you two will be able to remain friends," Rosalie tells Jacob.

"Thanks, Rose, I couldn't have done it without you."

"Oh, how so?"

"Well, if you hadn't have been here, I never would have learned self control. I also wouldn't have learned what a great person you are." Jacob tells Rosalie.

"Thank you, Jacob, I'm actually glad that Ambrus invited you to come on this trip. You're a good kid, and I'm glad that I could help you maintain your friendship with Bella. She needs someone like you in her life after what my stupid brother did."

Jacob nods.

Once Samantha congratulates Bella and Jacob, Ambrus informs them that it was time to pack. As soon as everyone is packed they, head down to the hotel for lunch then drive back to Forks, Rosalie and Samantha go ahead and head back to school. When they arrive at  Fork's city limits, Alexis calls Charlie to  inform him that they are almost home. As they pull up to the Swan residence they notice that not only is Charlie home, but Harry Clearwater and Billy Black are there as well. Ambrus and Alexis get out of the car letting the two teenagers out of the back seat. Bella makes her way over to her father and gives him a hug, while Jacob does the same to Billy and then hugs Harry. Ambrus and Alexis look at each other, they realize that the two council members are here to find out their verdict.

"I missed you, kid, did you have fun skiing?" Charlie asks Bella.

"Oh yeah Dad it was the best, we even went to a New Year's Eve Party." Bella informs him.

"Oh yeah did you get any pictures?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah I'll show you later."

By this time, Ambrus and Alexis have joined the groups. Charlie hugs Alexis then puts his hand out and shakes Ambrus' hand. Ambrus then shakes hands with Billy and Harry.