Chapter 21 An Undying Love.

Rosalie was sitting at their usual table at the Vista Café waiting for the others to arrive for lunch. She was a little nervous about what Alexis was going to tell her, after all she knew Emmett was going to transfer to their school since New Year's. Hell she encouraged him to do it. She only hoped that it had been the right decision for both of them.

'No it was the right thing to do, they love each other and they deserve to be happy.' Rosalie thought.

When the others come into the Café, Rosalie stands and gives Samantha a hug and a kiss. She hugs Alexis and Ambrus and they all sit down to order lunch.
Rosalie goes to ask Alexis how her day was but Alexis cut her off.

"You knew he was transferring down here, didn't you, Rose?" Alexis whispers.

Rosalie sighs, "Yes, Lexie, I knew he was going to transfer down here."

"Why didn't you convince him to stay where he was?!"

"Because, Alexis, Emmett is still in love with you and he misses you."

"I couldn't care less how Emmett feels, I was perfectly content without him in my life." Alexis whisper yells.

"Content, but not happy. You can't lie to me, Lexie, you may be lying to yourself but I know that you still love him. And you two belong together."

"That may have been true at one point, Rose, but not anymore. I don't want Emmett anymore. He's caused me nothing but heartache and I am not going to put myself through that again. I just barely learned to live without him, I'm not going to let him weasel his way back into my heart. It's not worth it."

"Lexie, he made a mistake, can't you forgive him for it?" Rosalie pleads for her brother.

"No, I can't forgive him, it's not in me to forgive him. Tell your brother if he comes near me I will kill him."

With that, Alexis got up and left the Café, Samantha took off after her best friend in an attempt to calm her down.

"She's in denial." Rosalie says to Ambrus as they sit there and watch them leave.

"I know she is, my dear Rose."

"What do we do?"

"Nothing," Ambrus says.

Rosalie stares at Ambrus.

"She is not ready to accept him back, she may never be ready. But as long as Alexis does not want Mr. Cullen near her, I will make sure he stays as far away from her as possible."

"Then how are they going to reconnect?"

"I do not know, if they are true mates their bond will heal, if not then he must accept the fact that their bond wasn't meant to be and he must move on as well."

For the next few months, Alexis goes about her life and her school, she doesn't talk as much as she did with Rosalie for fear of it getting back to Emmett. And for his part Emmett keeps his distance. He desperately wants to talk with Alexis, to beg for her forgiveness, but every time he tries to get close to her Ambrus is there to cut him off. So all he can do is watch from a distance as she slowly burns herself out with the constant studying and partying. Emmett's only solace is that she hasn't been with anyone else other than Ambrus and he can smell that they haven't been intimate.

Winter turns to Spring and Spring Break is finally upon them, Samantha and Alexis decide that they're going home for Spring Break and be bums for a week while Ambrus has a meeting in New York with some of his pack members. Rosalie and Emmett head back to Alaska with their family, though Emmett is tempted to follow Alexis to Forks.