Laila Katy Rae

I sat up all night talking to Katy she told me why she did what she did and everything but moral of the story was she loved herself more than us and her needs came before ours.

I told my mother how I felt about becoming a new mom and how I plan on doing this by myself.

I left the conversation a better person, every question I had she answered.

This stuck to me the most I asked her " do you think everything happens for a reason?"  when I asked her this I just hoped she understood I was getting at the point that she has stage 4 lung cancer and 3 weeks to live. Her answer was " karma." plain and simple.

It killed me because it took for her to get sick in order for her to be the best mother she has ever been in 17 years.

Today was April 17th my due date and the last week of Katy's life. I was about to welcome my baby girl into the world and I wasn't happy but I wasn't sad I just didn't know how to feel.

Everyone was at the hospital waiting for baby girl even her daddy showed up.

Before I knew it, it was over. A beautiful baby girl was laying on my chest screaming at the top of her of lungs and I was crying tears of joy. She was gorgeous just beautiful it was unbelievable she had the most beautiful grey eyes, perfect skin, perfect lips, full head of hair. She looked like me, my mom and Andre it was weird.

" I want to name her Laila Katy Rae." i spoke softly to Andre. I was exhausted and didn't want to be bothered I just wanted my baby and Andre by my side.

" So how we gon do this Ka'i?" he looked at me deeply with those grey eyes that made me fall in love.

" We'll figure out. let's just go with the flow baby boy ." I said softly

Before I knew it I dozed off and was awoken by Laila screaming crying.

" Hey what's wrong with my baby?" I said in a sleepy voice.

" I think she want you man." Andre said with an attitude.

He put her in my arms and she hushed up instantly.

" Man why you got her attached already?" he said with a smirk.

" I got to go handle some business. Ain't you getting released today?" he said softly looking at his phone.

"Yeah." I said in a sleepy voice kissing on Laila.

He nodded and walked out the room.

I quickly put Laila to sleep and try to catch a power nap, but I heard the tiniest knock at the door and didn't even say anything I just let them walk in. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that it was Katy in a wheelchair with her mask and hat on. " How are you?" she said so quiet I could barely hear. " She's beautiful Ka'i" she said softly.

" She looks like us, but I'm good, in pain but I'm good ready to go home and start this adventure." I said looking into Katy's eyes deeply all I could see was pain, hurt and how hard she was trying to stay alive.

I couldn't help it and I snapped.

"Why are you leaving me! Why! Why do you have to go?" I broke down.

" I need you mom. please just get better so I can bring you home with us." I said softly as my voice cracked.

I walked over to her and sat on her lap and just cried because I knew it was over and she did too.

she held me tight like I was a baby again and i hugged her tighter. "I need you mom." I said crying.

It was time for her to go back to her room and our moment just ended it wasn't nothing I could do but just wait for that call.

A/N: pain . pain . pain that's all I could say stay tuned for many more fantastic chapters it only gets better I promise.