last round

Katy POV

"So your telling me if I do this last round of chemo I could live?"I spoke softly."Yes,but-."I cut Dr.Lee off."I can die."He looked at me in shock he couldn't believe I straight out said it for him in less words.

"it's risky and it takes time,but your a fighter we can beat this."He said placing his hand on mines.

"Talk to your family about this, I need an answer today." he spoke sternly." I gotta get going, its a mess downstairs in the ER." he said getting up."What happened?" I asked softly."A young man has been shot multiple times, all his homeboys are down there like 3 neighborhoods at least, its a mess."he said quickly walking out the door.

"K,I need to talk to you and Ma'kai." I spoke into the dingy hospital phone."I'll be there." she said softly hanging up the phone.

Ka'i POV

I jogged out the house in my PJs:Yoga shorts, tank top, flip flops and wild curls. I texted Ma'kai letting him know and meet me at general its an emergency. Katy call caught me off guard. She sound excited but sick."Ma'am you can't park here!" the hospital security guard yelled.

I unbuckled Laila car seat and set her on the crub.

"I just have to run this paper in and I'll be back."I lied.

"Hi, I'm here to see-." The pretty nurse cut me off."Katy Vasquez."she said softly." How did you know?" I said smiling."I remember you from last time."she spoke softly."I remember." I said softly looking at Laila waking up in her car seat.

"She's beautiful, Her eyes-." she said in awe."I'll love to sit and talk but I'm in a rush." I spoke softly."I'm Ka'i by the way."I said walking away slowly."I'm Christina." she said excited."I'll remember that."I said winking walking fast to Katy's room.

"Hi Katy." I spoke softly waking her up."Hi Ka'i." she spoke softly with closed eyes."The doctors want to give me my final round of chemo. How do you feel about it?"she said weakly."If its going to keep you alive I say do it." I said sadly."I needed to hear your opinion the most." she chuckled.

"Where is that knuckle headed brother of yours?" she asked slowly." I don't know I texted him, he haven't got back to me." I said checking my phone noticing two missed calls from Smooth.

"I'll be back in like 2 hours mom.I'm going to get me and the baby dressed I'll be back." I spoke softly exiting the room. 

"Hey." I spoke softly into the phone."ITS MA'KAI COME TO GENERAL." he yelled through the phone.

"I'm here now visiting my mom.what happened?" I said looking at the elevator and then the stairs.

"He's been shot multiple times." he said softly.

"NO! NO HE HASN'T." I screamed at the top of my lungs running down the stairs into the ER.

"WHAT HAPPENED." I screamed in smooth face grabbing everyone attention." WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER." I said in hysterical tears."Them east side niggas got on him." he said quietly." SO WHY ARE YOU GUYS HERE?" I said pointing at all my brothers niggas noticing Andre in a daze." WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT OUT THERE FINDING OUT WHO DID THIS TO MY BROTHER?" I snapped." HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT? SIMPLIFY IT." I got in Andre face." SIMPLIFY IT FOR ME." I got closer to him. He picked up Laila car seat and grabbed me by the arm pulling me out the door.

"You forgot about the hood but the hood haven't forgot about you. IS THAT SIMPLIFIED ENOUGH FOR YOU?" he said in rage pulling his hoodie over his head walking back in the hospital.

A/N: short update, but it packed a punch first Katy now Ma'kai." You forgot about the hood but the hood haven't forgot about you." #Revenge on Ma'kai for Ka'i?