Forgiveness

After giving birth I went into shut down mode completely, I left the hospital with my baby and started this adventure immediately. It's only been 4 days and it felt like 4 years I've been waiting on the call, patiently.

Andre haven't bothered calling and I wasn't worried I didn't understand his point of view of things but I accepted them.

Today I decided to attend a therapy session & figure out what's the next for me and where should I begin, my palms sweated as I sat in the waiting room, waiting for my 2pm appointment. I glared at the clock and glared at Laila in her car seat sleep so peacefully, looking beautiful.

" Ka-i ? Ka'i?"A short, gorgeous lady spoke out softly.

I jumped up quickly and grabbed Laila's car seat.

" Hi, I'm Ka'i."I said reaching out to shake her hand.

" Hi, my name is Ms. Brown, but you can call me Ms.B"she smiled accepting my hand shake.

Her office was very beautiful and lit up it gave me some peace."Sit please."She demanded.

I sat and noticed Laila was awake, I picked her up and laid her across my chest, rocking side to side slowly.

"You didn't mention you had a child, she looks very young! how old is she?" she asked softly.

" A week and a day, I just had her and I know I should be resting but here I am because I need someone to talk to besides her, most of all I need someone to answer me back." I said quickly.

" Well, I've been watching you since you been here."She said with a smirk on her face.

"Ka'i your very put together, too put together and by what I've learned by listening and looking at you, your on a verge of breaking down and its only a matter of time. your trying to hold on to something you can't and its driving you crazy." she spoke softly never looking away from me.

" My mom has just came back into my life after all of this time and she has cancer, when I was going into give birth I was told she has a week to live.. a week.

and its been a week and a day, I told her to not leave me because I need her. the person that has hurt me the most is the person I need the most." I looked up and saw Ms.b had tears in her eyes. "It doesn't make sense."I said softly wiping my face.

"She's waiting for those words, Ka'i. Those words 3 words, she needs your forgiveness and its up to you to forgive her or have this devil on your shoulder for the rest of life, its up to you, you can't take back the past but if you could I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be sitting here if you could. That baby laying on your chest is what you have to live for and you can't do that job with that guilty conscious. Ka'i remember its not about what you walk in with, it's about what you walk away with." she said softly with tears coming down her face.

" Thank you." I said softly

A/N: the next chapters are going to be fire.. that's all I have to say.