Exo Lay x male reader (Pigeons)

Hey! Finally another one shot. It's my birthday today, so happy birthday to me lol, but I decided to post this for you guys today.

I don't see Lay x male reader very often so I thought he needed some love

It was a nice sunny day and also one of the few days off for the members of EXO. Everyone was ready to relax around the dorms. When Lay on the other hand, wanting to go on a date with his boyfriend immediately texts him.

Unicorn: hey (y/n)!

(N/n:
Hi Lay, what's up?

Unicorn: well today we get a day off I wanted to know if we can go on a date!"

(N/n):
Oh sure! I have the day off too. Where are we going to go?

Unicorn:
You can choose this time😊

(N/n):
Ok, can we go to the park then? It's a nice day outside

Unicorn:
Of course! I'll meet you there.

(N/n):
Ok! Love you!

Unicorn:
Love you too!

After texting each other, they get ready and head out the door.
"I can't wait to see (y/n) again!" Being all set for the day, Lay sets out through the door.
-time skip-
(Y/n) pov
"Hi Lay! I'm so happy we got the day off!" Giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"I'm happy too! It feels like it has been forever." Lay says with a big smile.

"Well let's go then! I was thinking we could get some ice cream and hang out in the park." Grabbing Lay's hand, I pull him to our favorite ice cream place.
"Two cones of the usual please."

"Ok, it's nice seeing you two again. You are probably very busy with your jobs." The girl of the shop says as she puts their order in and charging.
"Yeah, we have a day off today."
"That's cool. Here you go! Have a nice day!"
"Thank you!" (Y/n) and Lay say together, heading over to the park.
Finding a bench they sit down and start eating.
"So how is it being the hairstylist at Big Hit?" Lay asks.
"It's going well, it's fun talking to the people there. BTS pretty much reminds me of you guys, have a lot of energy. How is practice?"
"Tiring, but we are doing well."
"That's good."
Soon there is silence, but it's comforting and they are holding their hands. All they needed was their presence and at least it was nice and peaceful until Lay screams.
"AHH!!" Lay suddenly yells scooting higher up onto the bench.
"What the hell?!? Why did you scream??"
"Look around us!"
(Y/n) decides to look around and only sees pigeons.
"It's pigeons..."
"I'm scared of pigeons."
"But they can't hurt you."
"Yes they can!"
"But they probably only wan the ic-" before (y/n) could finish his sentence a pigeon flies up into the air towards
(y/n) right in front of his face.
This startled him since it was so close, trying to get to the ice cream. When to Lay it looked like the pigeon was going to murder them. And the only thought was to get to safety.

"RUN!!!!" Grabbing (y/n)'s hand Lay jumps off the bench forgetting the ice cream and dragging his poor boyfriend behind him.
Just running far away, and who knows exactly where. People who they ran by in the park, just stare at them thinking they are lunatics. But they finally have to stop to catch their breath.
"W-why did w-we have t-to r-run so fast?" (Y/n) says between pants, exhausted from the run.
"I had to save us from the pigeons! They could of killed us?!?"
"I don't know about that, but what a waste of ice cream." (Y/n) starts to pout at the thought of the lost ice cream.
"Aww, I'll make it up to you."
"How?"
"....how about I take you to our favorite cafe near here. I'll pay for anything you want."
"Ok, it's a deal. But we are going the park way, otherwise we would have to walk all th way around."
"W-what?!?"

But it was too late for him to complain, (y/n) grabs his hand and starts to walk back toward the park.
-little time skip-
They finally get back to the park, Lay starting to get slower and slower.
"Oh come on Lay. It won't be that bad, the cafe is right there." Pointing across a bit of the park was the small cafe.
"R-right."

Just as they turn to face the park that they have to walk through, every pigeon turns their head towards them. Well at least in Lay's mind; in reality they were just walking randomly around bumping into each other a few times.
"Let's go!" Pulling on Lay's arm they start walking into the park.

Well let's just say it was okay for like 4 minutes. A lot of pigeons had decided to walk near them, making Lay flip out and in the end start running all the way to the cafe, yelling "Don't come near!!".
(Y/n) had just stared at his boyfriend and finally chooses to walk along into the cafe that Lay ran into.

"Well... I thought that would have gone better..."
"They were so close to me!"
"Yeah...sorry about that." (Y/n) apologizes.
"It's ok, I still love you! But let's eat now."
"I love you too! And yeah that sounds good. But I'm going to make sure we don't have any more dates in the park."

They finally settle down, get a table and order some of their favorite food. Having a now relaxing date inside.

Hope you enjoyed. I'm running out of ideas so give me some requests! o(^-^)o Like honestly I need ideas T_T

Also check out my new 2 books if you want to:
"Instagram (male reader x BTS)"

"Forgetting the past (male reader x Jungkook)"

Have a good day/night!