Exo Chen x male reader (colors of the world)

This is a color soul mate au!
Where everything looks gray until you meet your soul mate and touch then you both get to see colors.

"What does the color blue look like, Eomma?" A little boy with big innocent (e/c) eyes asks as he sits on his bed.

"Well, you know that cold feeling you have when you're playing in snow?"

"Yeah! I get really cold, but then we bundle up in warm blankets!"

"Well think of like that, or when you listen to the water."

"Okay! ......When do you think I'll be able to see colors like you and dad?"

"When the time comes for you to meet your soul mate, then both of you will be  able to see all the colors in the world. But right now it's time to go to bed."

"Okay, eomma, good night!"

"Good night (y/n). I'll see you in the morning."
The lights were then switched off as the child got tucked into bed and the mother left the room, closing the door behind her.

But what she said was honestly what every parent had to tell their child. Because you never knew who your souls mate was, or where they could even be. Only a few people would be lucky and meet their soul mate at a young age, when others wouldn't even meet them at all. People say that's how fate is. But (y/n) sees as it only by chance not fate.

-present time-

"So do you think your soul mate goes to our school?"

"I don't know, I would of thought I could see color by now if they did, Baekhyun."

Currently two boys were in their classroom talking at their desks waiting for class to start.

They were on the certain topic about soul mates. They both haven't met theirs yet. Meaning they couldn't see colors, everything only looks gray.
It was difficult, especially when it was the holidays. When (y/n) was a little kid his parents would always try to explain the colors.

Like she would say "When the lights turn yellow think about how bright the sun shines!"

But let's head back to the present.

"Well class is going to be starting soon."

"Yeah, let's get ready for another boring day."

They take their backpacks and pull out their things for class.

Chen's pov

"Where is the classroom??"
At the moment I am running around the halls like a lunatic. I just transferred to this school and I have no idea where I am.

"Dammit I'm going to be late to my first class!"

I turn the corner and think of the right number I'm looking for.
"204! 204! Waits that 203! AHAH!!" I yell. I finally find the right door and push it open with a lot of force.

"Oh. You must be our new student."

"Yes and sorry I'm late I got lost."

"Well please introduce yourself and then you can sit next to the boy over there." The teacher points to a boy by the window.

"Okay. Well I'm Kim Jong-dae but you can call me Chen.

I say and bow, then choose to go to my new seat. "Hi I guess I'll be sitting next to you from now on."

"Yeah, I'm (y/n) by the way!"

"Nice to meet you then!" We go to shake hands but when we do, I suddenly get a weird feeling. It was almost tingly and warm like a big hug.

I close my eyes and then open them. What surprised me next was that...

I could see colors!!

"What the heck?!?!" I look in front of me at (y/n) he looked just as surprised as me.

"Y-you can s-see color too c-can't you?" He asks me.

"Yeah I can...."

"That means..... your my soul mate!!" We both yell at the same time. People turn to stare at us. But we could careless, who would when suddenly your whole world is colorful, literally!

"Can you please quiet down until after class?"

"Okay..."

-time skip-
(Y/n)'s pov

"I can't believe it!!! Baekhyun!!! I finally have met my soul mate!!" I yell.

"That's awesome! I'm so happy you can finally see color!"

"Yeah!! I-I feel like crying right now. I've been waiting." I turn to Chen as I feel the urge to hug him.

"I'm surprised too! I didn't think my soul mate would be at my new school or even be in my first class."

"Well I'm glad you did come here. And here this is my phone number because since we are soul mates, it's best we get to know each other."

"Thanks!" Chen takes the piece of paper with my number and takes his phone out. He starts to type something, and then suddenly I hear a ding from my phone.
I take it out and see that it's a text from him. It says:

Want to go on a date this Saturday? Let's spend our first date seeing the colors of the world!!

I could only smile after reading the text. This is better than I could ever imagine.
I look up and jump onto Chen hugging him like my life depends on it from happiness.

"Of course! Let's enjoy our time this Saturday! Your the first person I want to spend my time with seeing the colors of the world!!"

This was the best day for (y/n) and Chen because fate and chance happened to be on their sides that day.

And there we go!
Sorry if it seems a bit rushed but at least another one shot is out!
I hope to get the others out soonish.
Have a good day/night!