NCT Jaehyun x male reader (protector)

Posting this today since it's written
Edit created by me and that is also the book cover
"His Protector" is now published!

(Y/n) (l/n).

A simple person who lives in South Korea. Someone who is often seen as a normal boy with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. But then again he isn't seen as normal to most classmates in his school.

Why?

It is but a simple fact.

(Y/n) is mute.

(Y/n)'s pov

"Another day of school..." I walk cautiously in the hallway on my way to my last class. It's hard when you are the only outsider in the whole school. It all started right from when I first started here. Barely anyone knows sign language, so I'm forced to carry around a white board or a notebook.
Which makes me an easy target.

It's like the teachers saw me as a sheep and tossed me into a cage full of hungry wolves with no way of escape.

Nearly everyday it is the same thing, hurry to classes or get caught and get beaten up. But so far maybe it's just my lucky day. I haven't ran into any bullies all day.

"I'm so close to my class..."

Just when I was about to turn the corner to get to my classroom door. I bump into someone. But of course not just anyone. When I look up I come eye to eye with the most powerful guy in school; Lee Taeyong.

His two "friends" right behind him, Johnny and Chanyeol. Taeyong basically has all the power in Neo Tech School. He is intimidating with only one stare. His bright red hair and many piercings on his ears make him stand out more. His one eyebrow shaved to have a line amongst the dyed hair.

So in all (y/n)'s biggest bully.

"Well, well. Look who we have here. Trying to get somewhere?" Taeyong taunts as he continues to stand in front of me. His friends slowly walking to the sides, keeping me caged in, backing me up to the wall.

I felt terrified, trying to quickly sign "I just want to get to class. Leave me alone!"

"Sorry, But we don't understand freak."

The next moment, I feel a punch to the stomach, I curl over falling to my knees from the pain. Next was kicking. Hitting my stomach and ribs like a punching bag. Pretty sure something was going to break. I was in so much pain that I didn't even notice when they stopped. I just stayed there and didn't hear the voice that stopped them.

"Shit, it's Jaehyun. Let's go." Taeyong leads them away as the person gets closer to me.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

I stare at the person who shakes me. I recognize him immediately.

Jung Jaehyun.

Once again popular amongst our school but in a different way compared to Taeyong.
Jaehyun is known to be one of the sweetest guys in the whole school, a person who is willing to help anyone. He often gets love confessions from almost all the girls and even some guys.

But let's refocus before I get way off track.

I stare at Jaehyun, not only could I not talk to him, but I also felt embarrassed. Normally after I get beaten no one is around or if anyone is in the area they jut ignore me, but now here is Jaehyun, my crush since the first year of high school.

"Are you okay? Is anything broken??" Jaehyun asks me again his voice laced with worry. He looks at me, trying to see if I broke anything of if anything is out of place on my body.

I slowly grab my notebook that's on the floor. Slipping the pencil out, I slowly try to write. Finishing I flip it towards Jaehyun to read.

"I'm okay, the pain will pass."

He stares at it, but then looks back up at me. I expect him to just stand up and walk away back to his class. But instead he reaches his hand out to me.

"I don't think so, I'm taking you to the nurse's office. Take my hand and lean on me. Okay?"

I just nod and does what he says, why argue when I should just get off the floor. Leaning on his shoulder we start to walk towards the nurse's office.

-time skip-

Once we made it, I get put on one of the beds as Jaehyun gets the nurse to check on me.
"Well it seems you got lucky, and only have bruises. Just rest when you get home. Class is ending in ten minutes so you might as well leave early or stay here until the bell rings."

I nod to what she says as she walks away to another section of the room. I decide laying here for a little bit wouldn't be a bad idea as long I leave before everyone else gets out of class.

The room was silent for a while, until Jaehyun pipes up.
"I'm glad you are okay... I'm Jaehyun by the way."

I start to sign my response, until I quickly realize he probably won't understand. So I point to the small whiteboard beside him.

"Huh? Do you want this?" He asks pointing at the board. I nod.
He brings it over and then I start to write.

"I am (y/n). Sorry, but I am mute."

Jaehyun stares reading it.
"Ohh! That makes sense why you couldn't respond earlier. But might I ask, why don't you protect yourself or tell the school? I'm a bit worried."

"It's okay, I'm use to it. No one really wants to be around a freak."

"Hey, don't say that! You aren't a freak!"

I stare at him, no one has ever been nice to me in the whole school. I guess Jaehyun could tell by the look on my face.

"If you want I can be your protector."

I stare at him in surprise, I wasn't expecting this. But I don't know what I was thinking at that moment, maybe I had a concussion. But I didn't care, because at that time I get like someone actually cared for me.

So the only thing I could do was write
"Yes"

From that point on, Jaehyun was always there for me. He was my protector and in the future my boyfriend.

He never left my side and always made sure I was safe. I could never ask for more.

But I couldn't help but feel guilty. Like I was a waste of space for Jaehyun, he could have ended up with anyone but he chose me.

"The world has such strange possibilities. But I guess I really can't hate fate."

That's the end. I honestly REALLY want to make this into a book. So.... of course I am

First chapter will be posted today after school, and it will be similar to this one shot but have different end and beginning of the chapter.

So please read it if you are interested, I just got really inspired and have a lot of characters and plot I wanted to mix in but couldn't as a one shot

Next are a LOT of requests, so hopefully updates will get out more and more chapters in my other books😅

Have a good day/night!
See ya in the next update