Exo DO x male reader (mending broken hearts) pt 1

So this is going to be a bit angst, hurt/comfort. It's requested by "unknown" So enjoy part 1, for this is going into 2 parts! Also the edit of D.O was created by me.

It was another day in high school, and students were walking around during their break.

(Y/n) pov
"Classes were boring as usual."
"They always are, and of course we never get a break." Kai says as he eats more of his chips.

At their high school they were a big group of friends and called themselves EXO. Pretty much the top 13 most popular guys. A few knew each other back in elementary or junior high, and all together met in the first years of high school.
"Hey, Kyungsoo? Can I borrow your notes? I kind of missed some during class." (Y/n) asks his friend.
"Sure. You know, maybe if you didn't fall asleep then you wouldn't have to borrow my notes." Kyungsoo says as he puts his book down, taking his math notes out.
"But it's so boring!" (Y/n) whines like a kid.
"(Y/n). Don't start whining, I already have enough kids causing trouble already." Suho puts in as he tries to keep Tao and Luhan from shoving each other off the bench.
"Ok, eomma. Anyway thanks Kyungsoo." (Y/n) smiles as he copies the notes he missed. Noticing how neat and organized D.O's handwriting was compared to his own sloppy but readable writing.
It has always been like that. Well in the case of what ever they did, D.O could do it a lot better than (y/n). From grades, to writing, or especially singing. To (y/n), D.O had an amazing voice that could be mistaken as an angel. Probably one of the reasons why he has liked him since junior high.
Kyungsoo was always oblivious to things like confessions or love,
and (y/n) always tries his best to hide his feelings from him. They've known each other since pretty little, he doesn't want to ruin their friendship.
"Hey, (y/n)! You ok?"
"Huh? What is it Chen?"
"I was asking if you were ok. You were zoning out, and weren't eating your food."
"Oh sorry. Here D.O I finished writing the notes down."
(Y/n) hands the notes back, and while doing so, their hands touch each other for a few moments, making him blush.
"Stop blushing!! Someone is going to notice"
"Are you sick (y/n)? You look kind of red?" Suho asks looking a bit concerned.
"Umm.... no I'm fine. I should head to my next class. See ya guys later!" (Y/n) says as he gets up and runs away.
-time skip-
The bell rang, meaning school was over for the day. Everyone was walking out of their classrooms.
"Hey Baek. Do you know where Kyungsoo is?"
"Hm, I think he is back at his last class. Last I saw, some girl was confessing to him."
"Ok, thanks." (Y/n) heads down the hall, towards the class and when arriving, sure enough there was a girl giving pleading eyes in front of Kyungsoo.
"What do you mean Oppa?"
"I mean, I'm just not interested. Sorry, but I need to head out."
"But wait!! I love you!"
"You will find someone else that isn't me." Kyungsoo says as he walks away in (y/n)'s direction.
"Let's go (Y/n) I know your right there."
"Oh. Sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop."
-timeskip- (b/c I'm too lazy to write more for that scene)
"You know, you get a lot of confessions, why don't you ever except any?" " I'm not complaining that you aren't accepting them."
"I just don't have any interest in them. Mostly are just asking because of looks anyway."
"Well I don't think like them..." "I actually like you"
And without realizing it, until it was too late. (Y/n) says the last part out loud.
"Well shit!"
"What did you just say?" Kyungsoo just stops in his tracks and stares at (y/n) waiting for him to repeat.
"Uhhh... w-well the thing is..... I like you! I know we've known each other for a long time and I didn't want to ruin our friendship.... b-but w-will you give me a c-chance?" (Y/n) says as he stutters.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). But I don't like you like that.... I think we shouldn't see each other anymore."
"W-what?"
"Goodbye (y/n)." Kyungsoo then chooses to walk away, as (y/n) feels tears at the verge of falling.
"Why did I have to be so stupid!!"

-time change- (a few years passed and they have all graduated high school)

"Thinking back to high school is sad. I never did talk to him again..."
A now older (y/n) says as he walks around a nice park.
He now works at a small cafe for a part time job while in college. And has seen all over how his old friends are now idols and are using their old name from high school; EXO.
"I wonder how they all are? I can't-"
Being lost in thought (y/n) doesn't noticed a guy with a hat and mask on, walking in front of him.
"Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." (Y/n) looks up and could only go wide eyed.
"(Y-y/n)? Is that really you?" The male pulls his mask down revealing the face of the one and only Do Kyungsoo.

I hope you liked part 1! Send me/comment any requests you have. Have a good day/night!