Chapter 3

A trap door opened overhead and the helicopter engulfed Bethany and I. We arrive in a little room that was very modern, but there were viles of gems and jewels all over the shelves in the room. Bethany eyed my pendant then looked at all the selves. Hopefully she didn't want to add it to her collection.

"So," Bethany turned around to me. "What's your name again?"

"First, where are you taking me and where is my friend if he's not here?" I asked, needing answers. Why did my best friend just get eaten by a flame?

"I'm taking you somewhere safe, that's all you need to know. Its called Camp Crystal Cove, but you can call it The Cove for short." Bethany said enthusiastically. Did she not understand, I'm not going to a "camp" without my best friend.

"Name?" She asked again.

"Persia." I replied finally. She punched something into a control panel and removed three jars of jewels from the front of a door I hadn't noticed upon entry. She led me through to a very fancy and pretty lounge. The couches were white with a rainbow of different colored pillows and there was a shelf full of jars and jars of gems. They caught the sunlight and made beams of light dance over the walls. Some crystals were green, purple, red, and dark blue.

"Welcome to the Crystal Coppter!" She said. Then, she pulled out a walkie-talkie and said, "Not a match."

What did she mean,"not a match," does this mean I get to go home? Bethany eyed my pendant again then I noticed she had two earrings that were dark green. They looked like the gem on my pendant except in a different color.

"What's with the crystals?" I asked

"They are very important to the camp and to everyone inside the camp, including you. You seem to have one," she pointed to my neck," that doesn't match any of the ones here. Mrs. Crysling will have to figure out where you belong." She finished.

"I belong in New York," I started," and you still didn't tell me where we're going!" I asked again.

"We are going to Florida, and trust me," she said,"you definitely belong with us. I saw you fighing those men, you could harness water!" She then stared at me. "You can control water! Water!" She reached for her walkie talkie and led me to the sofa. She pulled it out of her pocket and excitedly screamed into it, "She's water!!" Then hung up.

"Umm... Is this necessary?" I asked. I hated this attention, was there no other people who could harness water? Now I wonder what Bethany controls and if there were way more of us if there was a while camp.

"You are the only water bender in the entire world, you are the lost element, the last Water bender!!" Bethany screeched. She was fangirling over... Me. I schooled my face into disinterest and calm.

She probably noticed my expression so she offered me a chocolate bar.

"It always makes me feel better and I have a feeling it has the same effect on you." Bethany suggested. I took it willingly and began to eat each cube slowly. Bethany walked over to a cabinet then opened it reveling more chocolate bars than I've ever seen in one place.

That was when I heard a crackling sound from a com inside the helicopter, "hyper speed initiating." Hyper speed? Isn't that from like Star Wars? Bethany grabed something from behind the couch before I could ask and put it around me. I realized what was fastened around me was a heavy seatbelt like I've seen on roller coasters. Not that I've ever been in one.

"Try to keep your mouth shut, this will only be for 30 seconds, then..." She faded at the sound of a roaring engine. I'd keep my mouth shut when I wanted to, I almost protested if I hadn't been shot back into my seat.

My face felt like someone was sitting on it and I understood the use of the seatbelt. I saw rainbow colored lights race past me and a sound of a tornado filled my ears.

Soon it was finally over and when I looked out the window, we were definetly in Florida. Out streched beautiful beaches and condos. "Welcome to Naples, Florida ." Bethany said. She looked out and then smiled back at me. "This is your new home."

This was so not my new home. It never will be. Period.

"We're coming in to land." Crackles a voice over the com again. In had just escaped for the police, now this?But then I thought about the chocolate bars. Hmm...

The engines made a strange noise and we started increasing speed. We were going down really fast and right over a forest, too. Bethany saw the look on my face and put her hand out on my shoulder, not that I'd feel comforted by a stranger. There was a clearing up ahead when I looked out the window.

The helicopter landed softly even with the speed. We went out through the front of the helicopter and that's when I realized two things. The outside of the helicopter was much smaller than on the inside. There was, a kitchen, lounge, and the weird room with the jars in the back. The second thing was that there was no pilot.

"Where's the pilot?" I asked as we finally stepped onto the bright green grass.

"Its an electronic pilot that comes when we set the helicopter to Autopilot." She replied.

High-tech much.

Bethany turned around and yelled, "Compress!" The helicopter immediately shrunk and Bethany ran and picked it up in her palm. "There are certain words that will make crystals do certain things."

"But that's not a crystal." I countered.

"Yes, but anything with as many crystals inside like the helicopter acts like a crystal. And the motor is also a crystal." She answered.

I looked down the path that led into a very shadowed forest, It looked haunted. "Are we going in there?" I pointed. Bethany nodded beginning the walk, we passed a sign that said three miles to camp grounds.

As we continued for 15 minutes, we heard a twig snap behind us and Bethany put her finger to her lips and whispered, "Don't make a sound."

And that's when a growl echoes through the forest and Bethany mouthed the word, "r-u-n." And we dashed through the forest.
"I should have told you that in the three mile radius of the camp, demons raid the forests." Bethany whispered.

"WHAT! you didn't think that was important to say until now?!" I said my voice filled with fear I couldn't hold back.

"Well now every freaken monster and demon is coming after us!" She countered loudly.

And that's when a fireball attacked my face.