Chapter 16

The hallways of the next sector were well lit with torches every so often. The stone evened out on the floor as if well kept, but the walls showed the age it hid. The vines were still thick, but now there were pictures and symbols of crystals and landscapes.

"Its getting harder to navigate, we'll have to go on with instinct." Emma said looking around, she and Bethany were leading with Logan, Chris, and I in tow.

"No problem." Chris smirked. "Not like We haven't done that before." We had our weapons out because Emma said there would be more monsters and demons the closer we got to the Fire Lord. He was in a place called the Cavern of Whispers, Emma had mentioned it before. We had also changed out of our clothes, we had gotten bug bites since we were wearing shorts fit for the scorching desert. Putting previous clothes away that got soaked in blood, except Logan , we put on better attire for a cold cave. Bethany had leggings and a gray, long sleeved shirt that had holes in the shoulders, she also took off her sandals to put on sneakers. Emma had her paint splatted jeans again and a white T-shirt. I had on a dark green shirt and black jeans. It was my turn to carry the back pack now and Chris carried the boy's. Logan slumped and let out a groan.

"This is going to take forever." Logan complained.

"We'll get there eventully-"

"Look! I think it's down there." Emma pointed to a hallway to our left, interrupting me. The hallway had no torches and the cracks increased making the pictures less readable. The end was no where in sight.

"If I was a monster, that's where I'd be." Chris said behind me.

"Let's go before I change my mind." Bethany said walking into the darkness. The corridor had no other entrances on the side and seemed like an exit tunnel.

"Good eye, Emma." I said.

"Thanks, guess being a nerd isn't all that back." Emma directed to Logan. He huffed and kept his gaze straight.

"Lossen up a bit man." Chris said to Logan. "We could die down here."

"And that's exactly why I'm consentrating right now." Logan said. "Trust me, I'll have fun when this is over." At the camp, Logan was usually a goof ball and a jerk. He really showed that he's more than that. But I don't think I like this side of him either. We rounded another corner and up ahead there was a fork in the road.

"Which way?" Logan asked.

"I'm not sure, we should test them all, if one of us finds the right way, they come back here." Bethany suggested.

"We shouldn't split up. And we don't know if the others are a dead ends." Chris said looking around, his eyebrows tense. "How will we even know which one is right?"

"I agree with Chris." I stated. "But the best and the fastest way is to split up, one of us will go alone, though."

"No, we can't risk that." Chris stammered.

"I'll go." Logan said already looking in one way. "Bethany's plan will work."

"Okay well I'm going with Persia." Chris said looking around. "Lets go. Don't forget the plan." We all walked in out separate ways, Chris and I took the passage way to the right. There were torches along the walls again to offer brightness. Our weapons were drawn, we were finally near the end. After being in the maze for our second day, I've finally felt closer to Franky than I have ever been before. I tightened my grip on the sword's handle and walked faster with each step. "Take it easy, we'll get there."

"I'm just excited and nervous at the same time. We're going to rescue Franky." I smiled at the thought. He would be amazed by the camp and the people. He and Chris would get along, hopefully. He's practically my brother, my best friend.