Chapter 4

A orange light of pure fire hurdled towards my face, I closed my eyes and just waited for the impact. I heard Bethany mumble something and the sound of iron filled my ears. I opened my eyes after I felt no impact and I saw... my reflection?

I took a step back and realized what was in front of me. There was a shiny, iron battle axe. Bethany's axe took the hit for me and she drew it back. She placed in her back making an X with an axe that's already there.

I felt my mouth hang open and Bethany took the quick smile before pushing me forward. Further down the trail, we saw a marker on the trail, 5 stone creating a mini tower.

"1/4 mile left." She said. I wasn't exhausted because I was used to running from danger, but this was a whole new level. Growls filled my ears and the sound of heavy feet thumped behind us.

I took a glance back and saw nothing suspicious, but when I turned back around I saw a small hill with a cave at the top. The cave s entrance had a banner that I couldn't read from this distance. Colorful crystals made a border around the opening. The base of the hill was only a few steps away when I was hit with something on my back.

A yelp built up in my throat as my back felt like it was melting off. Bethany stopped and she dodged an arrow that came towards her.

"Use your powers to heal yourself!" She shouted 5 steps away. I tried to summon my powers and then finally the aqua watery light glowed on my hands I pressed it against my back and I felt an instant relief. I sighed and tried to stand up. Once I got to my feet I smiled at Bethany who was busy staring at the forest, frozen in place. I walked towards her then looked in that direction.

"o-m-g." Bethany said. A mob of about 50 demons and mosnters came towards us. Some demons were on fire, others looked made of stone. Shadows crossed through the forest but when light fell on them they became visible. The monsters had black leathery skin and glowing purple eyes. Every so often one would disappear and reappear somewhere else. Bethany unshealthed her battle axes from her back and got into a fighting stance as if trained for this.

"If we make a run towards camp we'll most likely be followed into the camp. Whenever someone enters the camp, a doorway for monsters opens for 10 seconds. We can't put the camp in danger, the enchantment crystals can only do so much." She explained. "Dodge as many things as you can, but try to find your word, it will bring out your weapon. Everyone has one.

"Ok." I managed to spit out. The demons then all charged and vines shot from the trees, wraping around the demons and monsters. The vines dropped the creatures and the monsters and demons that had been caught stayed unmoving on the ground, dead. Plants started growing making a wall, trapping some creatures in the forest. Other vines had flowers that sent plumes of gas at monsters who passed them, sending them to the floor.

I looked at Bethany, she was the one controlling the plants, she had Earth abilities. She ran off in a direction to kill some more monsters, leaving me alone.

I tried many words but nothing was working, "Appear! Fight! Umm, Help Me!!" Nothing seemed to happen. I saw 10 demons come towards me and stone demons had bow and arrows. Behind me, I heard shouting from over the hill. An arrow grazed my arm and a knife on fire sailed passed my head.

"Crap!" I mumbled. The demons were now 5 feet away and I punched one of the fire demon's face. I realized the the stupidity of the move. The fire caught onto my arm and no matter what I did, the fire wouldn't go out. The searing pain traveled up arm and I finally got the flame out with water. The pain didn't lessen one bit.

The fire demons grabbed my arms which I then blasted them back with a wave of water all around. The monsters stepped back and ran into the forest. I feel to the grass on my knees and looked over at Bethany, not a scratch was on her. All they wanted to do was hurt me and they really did. Fire spread all over my body even though there was no flame. Where they had touched, fire flared.

A sharp staggering pain bit into my calf and another on my arm, unlike the fire's burn, arrows. The stone demons ran onto the woods further arrows were shot from behind me to the monsters. A voice came over me and someone picked me up as my eyelids threatened to close. I saw Bethany running over to me, She wasn't the one holding me. So I looked up into firey, light brown eyes that were almost golden.

They carried me into camp, crystals surrounded everywhere I looked, but Bethany couldn't stop staring. She was very upset and I don't blame her. She did leave me to fend for myself, but I should have put up a better fight.

My eyes finally closed and immediately, my mind hit the power button.