Chapter 28

Sitting in math class, first period had by nerves through the roof. I had went back to my room after in search of Bethany, but she had already left. I then went to see Cerridwen, she had been no where to be found. And when I was going back to the room, the bell rang for school. I scrambled to brush my messy hair and change my clothes before racing down the hall again.

When I had arrived and walked into math class, claps had sounded and I had blushed. Big time. Franky, who ended up with the same exact Schedual as me, had to escort me to my seat in the back.

Now trying to figure out calculus, my brain throbbed. Franky was whizzing through the work, completely unfazed even as the door opened. I was on the balls of my feet ready to jump up when I realized where I was again. I relaxed only for a second until I saw who had entered the room.

Bethany walked in and waved someone from outside to come in. The boy came in with the fakest smile I've ever seen in my life. I think everyone in the room stopped breathing. All I could hear was the pounding of my heart and a slight pain at the base of my skull.

"Hello!" Bethany said waving Mrs. Helion over. "Welcome your newest student and classmate, Nayte Digdy!" She presented him and he gave us all a small smile. His gaze stopped on mine and I swear I saw his smile grow, almost the same moment I realized the seat next to me was empty. I looked back at Franky, he had a deathly stare on Nayte. At least I'd have him guarding my back.

"Welcome Nayte. Please take any empty seat, thank you Bethany." Bethany nodded and then whispered something in Nayte's ear. He smiled and said something back that made her laugh. I cringed back and then looked back at the jumble of numbers and words in my paper.

There was a light creak to my right and when I looked up, Nayte was already in his seat. He took the papers the teacher gave him and then offered her a charming smile.

I looked back down at my paper, thinking of all that could go wrong in the ten minutes we had left in this class. A finger with a ring of black obsideon tapped on my desk, I slowly looked up at Nayte, but his finger didn't retreat.

"Hello, there." He said with a sly smile. I could physically feel Franky's gaze on us. "I was wondering, lovely, if I could borrow a pencil." I didn't know why I hesitated, I guess I was expecting something else. "Please." He added. I looked down at my small, leather bag and took out my last pencil. I handed it to him quickly to avoid reaction. He grabbed the other end of the pencil, his fingers brushing over mine as he pulled it back. "Thank you, lovely."

"May I please have your worksheets!" Mrs. Helion took my paper, running her eyes over. "Impressive Persia, very impressive." She took Nayte's paper next. "We can work on this in class." She pointed to a problem and I noticed the handwriting and the question marks, it was my paper.

I shot a look to Nayte, but he was talking off to another girl. I looked back to Franky who was reading my anguished expression.

"Do you want me to do something?" Franky asked, ever the protective older brother character.

"No." The single word was laced with enough rage Franky backed down right away. When I swung back forward to the front, black eyes specked with gray found mine again just as the bell rang.

"See you later, darling." He purred and then set the pencil on my desk. He practically floated out of the room with his amount of grace even with the two girls trailing behind him. As he left, some weight that I hadn't noticed was lifted from my head.

"Yep I really don't like him either." Franky said as he shoved my pencil into my bag and held it out for me to grab.

"I'll deal with it." I snatched it out of his hand. "For me and for Emma." I whispered.