Chapter 5

"Tick-Tock Tick-Tock..." Was the only sound I heard. As my ears adjusted I heard muffled voices and then I felt.

I grit my teeth together as I felt as though my body was still on fire. The smell of Aloe lotion filled my nose and even though the burning was mostly inside, fire had burned on my arm at one point.

Lastly, my eyes got the strength to open up. A white ceiling fan twirled above my head. The light was coming from an array of what looked like diamonds, probably the most expensive fan in Florida. But I looked down, there was no blanket over me and a fan stood at the foot board of my bed. I looked to the the right where another small fan was on a white bed-side table. The lamp looked just like the celiing fan, without the actual fan.

I was wearing different clothes, too. Black leggings with a bandage wrap on the left leg, and a white T-shirt with gold letters that had the letters,"CCC" on it. On both sides of the letters, a diamond emblem was placed on either side. I also had black combat boots and of course, my pendant.

I reached my hand up, it was wrapped in a lilin cloth and when I wiggled my fingers, my whole hand stung. Above my elbow there was another wrap. I now remembered the arrows that had struck me, I winced at the though and the pain.

"She's awake!" Bethany said as she walked into the room. She was wearing the same shirt as me and had light blue jeans with diamond, white sandals. She sat on the bed ,"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Good." I managed.

"She needs her rest" said a woman with long dark hair, a white robe, and very dark eyes said. She had a staff with a jewel on the top that changed colors.

"She has already slept for 2 days!" Bethany countered.

" I WHAT? Two days!" I said shooting up In the bed with a since of pain.

"She needs rest." Was all the elderly woman said. Before Bethany could object-

"I've been controlled my whole life," I sat up taller in the small bed," I decide when I'm ready and I'm ready to leave." I said quietly, but with force. They both stared at me and I realized that my pendant was glowing. The water inside a cup of water that was on my bed-side table, began to float. When I relaxed back into the pillow, the water fell back in and splashed in my face. I wiped my face with the collar of my shirt.

"Bethany," the tall woman said, "go back to your morning classes."

"But-" Bethany tried.

"I will appoint someone else to give her the tour." The woman finished and she and Bethany walked out of the small, white room.

The muffled voices started again and I turned my legs so they dangled off the white bed. I didn't know if I could walk, but I had to try. I stepped my right leg down first, then pushed off the bed and put my left leg down. As soon as I did so, my left leg did a weird twist and lain rose up my leg. I fell over it and before I even hit the ground, strong hands lifted me from under the shoulders.

I turned to look and those light, brown eyes again entered my vision. This time, though, I saw the whole face to whom they belonged to this time. It was a boy with messy, light brown hair and a sly smile. I pulled away a few inches, finding my balance and composer.

"Hey," he said scratching the back of his neck. "I've met you before, but I don't think you've met me."

"You helped me when I had gotten hurt." I noted, tring to forget the stupid attempt.

He nodded and told me how he had seen me. He was on guard duty, he had to make sure Bethany got back with the new person today. Also, make sure no demons or monsters would follow them into the camp. But he had seen the creatures and called for back up, when he returned back, I was laying on the floor and Bethany caught up in fight.