Chapter 8

Breakfest was way better than from the orphanage. They had white flour instead of the gluten free, whole wheat junk for pancakes and they had fresh sausage and cheesy eggs. I dived into the food, still being mannered because first impressions of course. Emma hadn't gotten the eggs or sausage, but she did get the pancakes and Chocolate Chex cereal.

During our breakfast, I spotted one of the guys from the day before who had been checking me out. He was taller than I remembered and was wearing all black today. He had dark eyes and dark skin. He had a chain with a crystal that was purple, like Emma's. I made a mental note, too; don't mess with the purple people, they have mini tornados on their fingers.

We made eye contact and he smirked in my direction. He started making his way over when Emma grabed my hand.

"Why is Logan coming this way, looking at you?" She whispered.

"Hey ladies." He sat at our table, one of the smallest tables with only four chairs. "What's for breakfast. Hey! I remember you from yesterday." I looked up as he stuck his finger in my face. It seemed at though the whole Mess Hall was silent. "Your that girl that fainted, Persia right? Oh, and the one Chris is in to." He smiled and high-fived with one of his friends.

"Buzz off Logan! No one likes your stupid baby voice or opinions here." Emma bit back, crossing her arms.

"Ouch, quite girl can talk. Didn't see that one coming." He toyed. "How about I leave you alone if you tell Bethany something."

"What could you possibly want to tell her?" I asked curiously. Logan leaned in and got something out of his pocket. He placed a letter in Emma's hand who quickly examined it and put it in her green sweatshirt's pocket.

"Tell her it was from me and tell her to please consider, 'cause I'm being dead serious in it." He stood up and looked around. Everyone was going about their ways again. "Till next time." And he walked away to join his friends.

"What could the letter be?" I questioned after shoving some pancake in my mouth.

"He's always had a thing for Bethany, but he plays with all the other girls. He's really shady, no one trusts him." She said with a low voice.

"How did he know you though, and why were you so annoyed." I asked. He had seemed personally annoying to Emma.

"Like I said, he plays with ALL the girls, even me once. He put gum in my hair, he asked me on a date when I had first come and then he stood me up. He said it was a 'joke'." Emma said with a goofy voice.

Hmm, I thought. Really shady.

Before I could go on with the subject. My heart began to race and my face turned red when I saw Chris walking towards our table. He had black jeans and a plain white tee today. His hands were in his pockets and his eyes smiled when his lips didn't.

"Hey. I heard Logan was messing with you today. That kid just doesn't know how to behave does he." Chris had a wild look in his eyes and a smile when he said that. I couldn't help but blush, and like blushing was a contagious disease, he started blushing too.

"I'll go get my food, see you around, Persia." He walked away and Emma nudged my arm, knocking me from my dase.

"He is soo in to you! He's really quite and he is like really cute too. Not that I like him, he's not my type, its just-" Emma squrimed.

"Emma, he's just looking out for me because I'm the new girl and he was the tour guide." I explained. "don't get all Willy-Nilly about something that might not be true."

"Well you can't say your not in to him, I saw the way you were knocking yourself over him." She said getting really close and smirking in my face.

"Fine. Now food's getting cold, and like my saying goes, food before dudes." I said, finishing my sausage.