Chapter 18

The Fire Lord was going to kill me and my friends if we didn't stop him. He was going to use the Crystal Code to take all the elements away to destroy the world. The Crystal Code is in the Cavern of Whispers, the end to this endless maze. The maze was very large and dangerous, no one knows exactly how it was built, but there are so many theories. Hopefully we'll find the end and complete this prophesy and as a bonus, save my best friend. I rehearsed this in my head, trying to come will a way to kill the Fire Lord. He was unbeatable, immortal. His spirit needs a host body, he chose my friend, if I can save Franky, we'll also stop the Fire Lord too.

"Persia, what are you thinking about?" Emma asked. I looked at her, she was so beat up and tired.

"Franky, Fire Lord, Crystal Code..." I said listing it with my fingers. "So pretty much, death."

"Interesting, I was thinking you were thinking, about someone..." She said leaning forward. "Maybe name starts with a 'C?'"

"Ugh, leave me alone Emma. Plus he's right there." I whispered.

"Fine." She said roller her eyes. Then she smiled. "Later." Now I rolled my eyes and looked around at the boring walls. Left, right, right, left, straight, dead end, turn back, left... We just tried to solve this maze, but luckily no monsters were in sight.

"Look guys! It's the next section." Bethany said running forward to an iron door. It was like the one that we took to transition into a new sections before. The door didn't open, so Emma shot it with a blue arrow, the door dropped inward off of it's hindges when it exploded and the arrow came right back to Emma. We passed through the once iron door and I noticed the ceiling in this section was low and the side of the hall had wooden doors with small windows.

"Strange, it almost seems like people lived here." Chris said looking through a small window on a door. He twisted the handle, opening to a small foyer and a torn sofa. The foyer led to a small kitchen and living room. The small house had two tiny bedrooms with a twin bed in each. Mostly everything was destroyed. "Really weird." He said again.

"There are theories that rebel element holders helped build the maze and even lived here. I guess its actually true." Bethany pulled out a tablet she used to get the helicopter from her back pack. "I need to document this, if we survive, these pictures will be worth millions." She took pictures of almost everything even the little toilet in the corner behind a ripped curtain.

The corridor had smashed pots and trash littering the floor. There was a large room without a door that had a large fire pit, not lit. Chris reached his hand into it and sparked a fire. Fire from the pit went around the room in smaller fires, illuminating the room with fire. The torches behind us in the hallway also lit up giving to light.

"Cool." I whispered. We looked around, there were pictures of crystals in this room along walls like before, it was like the main meeting place. Bethany took more pictures and wrote something down.

"Ahh-" Emma screamed. I looked over.
"Spider..." She said glancing around. Logan muttered something and rolled his head at the same time as his eyes rolled, too. "Sorry." Emma said again.

"Lets go, we need to keep moving." Logan said leaving the room. We walked in the hall until it made a turn into another long hallway of doors again. We heard a rustle and something fall and break up ahead. We stopped looked around listening.

"Is anyone there?" Chris yelled. A door creaked open three doors ahead. "Come out!" We took our weapons out and slowly walked towards the door. A foot stepped out of the door frame am wearing dirty, black sneakers. Then a hand wrapped around the door frame covered in dirt. Two bright, Violet eyes popped from the door and a mess of short, dark wavy hair. She had red lips in a wide smile and she stepped out giggling to herself.