Chapter 27

I just stood at the window, dumb founded at the boy that was talking to Cerridwen. His black hair clung to his forehead, framing his dark eyes. I didn't know how long I stood there stareing, but when he caught my gaze my Crystal sent off a strange pulse of power. My instinct was to get away, I took a step back. A word swarmed and took over all of my thoughts.

Crystalite.

My feet were moving and I realized I was almost at the elevator when my own thoughts returned to me. I stopped again, there was something familiar about him. Something that made him more than normal; now I really wanted to know why the monsters had attacked him.

I was about to turn around when the elevator opened in front of me. Fern already had a suspicious look on her face even before she beheld me standing there.

"What are you doing up this early?" She questioned, crossing her arms and stepping out of the elevator. I took a step back and tried to get past quickly. Her hand slapped the wall, putting her thin arm in my path. "I'm waiting."

"Well have fun waiting." I spit back. I didn't know where this came from, it wasn't me. She blinked, I knew that would be all she'd show of being surprised at my retort.

"Excuse me. This makes me want to know more." She lowered her voice and took a glance over my shoulder. That small look away was all I needed to duck under her arm and run into the elevator.

"Sorry." The word came out of me in a nasty way that made myself flinch. Just before the door closed, Fern gave me a glare and turned away. I'd probably have to deal with her tomorrow, or today; it was almost sunrise.

I didn't know what happened. I knew what I did, I just didn't know why. Some inner part of me began to boil out of no where. I might have even called it a flame if I wasn't a water bender.

The elevator chimed again and I stepped off. But this wasn't my floor. I turned back to the elevator, only to hit my head on the rock wall. I staggered back and touched my head to find warm blood there. My feet moved, I looked around frantically but I couldn't figure out where I was. I walked into a room to find a small forest. Archery my mind told me. I stumbled through the woods, something controlling my thoughts and actions. Not making them completely my own.

I heard a low growl fill the silence of the trees and a loud bird cry. I couldn't see what was in front of me, but I continued blindly and deeper into the woods, towards the growls.

"Hello." I croaked out. I stopped in my tracks as I saw something shimmering behind a bush. Something like a fuffy tail swiped out through the air on the right side on the bush. Something told me that the glowing was fur. I could see it through the trees clearly, a wolf of shimmering blue. It's coat stopped glowing and the blue faded to almost completely black, I knew that the wolf was still in front of me by the glass-like, shining, blue eyes looking at me.

Not glass, Crystal.

I some how knew this wolf was more dangerous than a normal wolf. I think a whimper mifht have escaped me.

Crystal Creature.

I probably showed weakness in some part of me because the wolf lundged at me so fast I couldn't register what happened until I was on the ground, inches from the creature's fangs.

I shuddered and then I was silently calling for help. My crystal flashed, the wolf's eyes dialated and it backed off of me. Tucking it's head down in an apologetic way, I slowly rose off the ground, not taking my eyes off of the animal. I never liked dogs that much, they only begged for the little food you had in the first place. Only a fool would give up their food for an animal that would be hungry only an hour later.