Chapter 9

"Is this a class that teaches you to learn how to fight?" I asked, that would make sense of the name "Battle." Chris nodded as we walked to one if the mats in the room. Of course he chose the center one, so everyone could see me fail.

"Do you know what your summon word is?" He asked. He didn't even look up at me when he asked. "And what are you still doing here. I thought 'nothing was going to stop you' from leaving." He said stubbornly.

"I am going, just I got caught and didn't want them to know exactly what I was doing. You realize your the only who knows right?" I said. This made him look up and I swear I saw a smile. I looked down and smiled too. He then went on explaining about the summon word.

"It is a word that connects you to tour element, hide gifts, and time eternal." He said. "But some people have been know to gave a certain action with their crystal. But that is very, very rare. Until you discover it yourself, chose a weapon that draws you in on the rack over there." Chris pointed to a rack that scaled up the entire wall, about thirty feet, a ladder went all the way to the top. Weapons came in all different size and types. Some were gold, others silver. They probably vatied in weight too.

A flash caught my eye and I looked at a thin, light, medium length sword on the sixth tier of the rack. I walk towards it then began to scale up the ladder. When I got to the sixth tier, I reached and grabbed it, careful to not lose my footing. I checked it out at the bottom and signed my name on the chart. I went back to Chris who had summoned a curved, golden sword. The handle was well worn and a crystal like his was etched on the leather. I also noticed that his ring with his Crystal was gone. So your crystal was trapped in the weapon you summon, interesting.

"Nice choice." He said now smiling like nothing even happened. "Lets start with the basics." We first sat down while everyone else fighting and the clinking of metal on metal echoed through the room. The teacher, Mrs. G was giving out pointers and tips; giving proper technique, movement, and even fighting against students to show how they need to improve. Meanwhile, Chris gave me fighting 101 by telling me how to properly fight to stun and how to kill. "With a weapon, you need to learn how to deflect attacks..." He told me everything I needed to know first vocally, then physically. Finally, I was tired of watching people fight, the feeling in my gut was wanting to fight and so was I.

"Let's do some exercises." He came in front of me, out of your people's distance. "Pretend you're looking in a mirror. Copy my every move to you best, not expecting perfection." He said with his hands up.

"Let's get started already!" I said eagerly. I tried to do as he had told about proper battle stance and how to hold the weapon, but something felt off as I did his movements.

"Try holding your sword at another angle." He said. "Keep the tip of the sword facing up." He suggested. After several tries I still couldn't get it. I gave a frustrated moan and put the tip of my sword on the ground, resting my hands on the handle.

"Chill, its hard, I know." Chris said coming to help patiently. He came behind me and lifted my arms up. He adjusted my hand and helped the sword into them. It felt right, my grip on the handle now, or maybe it was the fact that Chris was so close. His hands touching mine felt like an electric shock, his breath was really warm on my neck, or was it just me? "There." He said. Letting go but not moving away.

"Thanks." I said looking back coming close to eachother. His eyes were curious and adventurous, his smile was so warm. I turned completely around to him and stepped back.

"No problem, lets try again now." He said. I stepped back five steps and then we went through the whole class practicing over and over again. When the bell ringed I signed the sword back in. Chris was now with his friends and I couldn't help but smile.

...

"You did what? I need the whole story! Every detail." Bethany and Emma leaned in.

"I told you guys already, me and Chris are coming really close, but I don't think its that serious." I tried to explain. "Heck, I don't even know if he has a girlfriend or not. You guys would know right? Not that I'm open to dating the guy." I urged. They giggled and fell back on the couch.

"You just don't see that you both are liking each other. And no, he doesn't have a girlfriend, not anymore." Bethany snorted. Emma laughed at all of us like she was the better one, until she fell of the couch.

"Every one," I tried to say in the chaos, "needs to calm down." I said in between laughs. But no one listened and we laughed until the "Ding!" Sounded for dinner.

...

Once we had entered the Mess Hall we all tried to act normal and I started thinking again. Bethany had said Chris didn't have a girlfriend anymore. But that means he had dated and then they broke up, I don't know what happened but I'm not getting into that type of relationship. Not even going to date him in the first place anyways.

Dinner tonight was burgers and fries. The food was acually really good and Bethany, Emma, and I sat at a four person table, the smallest kind besides sitting alone.

"Can somone come with me to the bathroom?" Emma asked. I volunteered tribute and walked to the door next to the kitchen staff door. The bathroom door read, "GB" girl's bathroom and the door was light pink. In the bathroom, Emma went about her business and that's when I heard whispers that I couldn't make out.

"Give me the scissors Mari!" A familiar, female voice said.

"No, please, no." Said a small, shaky voice. Emma walked out of her stall with a questioning look, nodding at the large stall where the noise was coming from. I looked through a crack to see the twins and their sidekick pulling on the hair of a short, curly haired, blonde girl. She wore jean shorts and a white tee shirt. She had flip-flops on and an ancklet that had a greenish-yellow gem.

"I guess we'll have to cut your beloved hair off if you won't tell us!" Mari handed Gigi the scissors and I got so upset that someone would do that. Then there was a deep rumble, Gigi looked around and dropped the scissors. "Ugh, what's going on." She said. Then the toilet and the sink started pouring water, until it exploded. I quickly created a shield around me and Emma, who was behind me, and the bullied girl in the bathroom cell so the water couldn't get us wet. The fire girls got their share of water and when it ended, their makeup was dripping and their clothes, ruined.

"Ahh! I'm going to kill the person who did this. Who has water powers at this camp? Oh ya, the new girl." Screamed an out raged Gigi. She looked around until her eyes narrowed at the peep hole was looking through. "I found our stalker." She said pointing at me. They walked out of the cell and Emma tapped on my shoulder.

"We should get out of here, this wasn't our business." She whispered into my ear. The girl that was bullied hurdled over the bathrooms' cell wall after wall until she ran out of the bathroom door behind us.

"How dare you, I'm disgusting now! I hate you now for more than one reason now, besides liking my Ex boyfriend!" She yelled. Emma stepped forward.

"Take another step towards us and I'll complete your look with some fine, tornado hair!" She countered back, ignoring the 'not our buisness' talk. Mini tornadoes formed on the tips of her fingers that made the three girls step back. Ex boyfriend?

"Well maybe I'll just fry both of you alive, I bet water girl would like that!" Mari said. She blew towards us and fire came from her mouth like a dragon's flame. I pulled my arm up to create a shield of aqua light. Emma tried to take the oxygen from around the fire to stop it, but it didn't do anything to it.

I heard the door behind me open and a yell filled the bathroom. With that distraction, the shield weakened and a flame jumped at me, burning my arm where I had been hit with an arrow before. I switched the shield to my other arm and that's when I noticed that Emma was taking on Gigi and her sidekick, Breana, alone. Then, a fire ball from our side hit all three of the girls as Chris and some of his pals walked into the bathroom.

"What the heck is going on in here?!"