Chapter 7

I screamed and ran out of bed, the fire growing on its intensity. I flew open the door, pounding on Emma's, then Bethany's door. Emma walked out first in pink butterfly pjs, little immature for 18 -almost 19- year old. And she was wearing a silver bracelet with a purple gem I hadn't noticed yesterday.

"Why are you cooking so early, and what did you burn?" She said groggy. She looked up,"Oh." And that's when Bethany walked out in black sweatpants and gray tank-top.

"The twins and their sidekick are at it again." Bethany said as she walked to the door with Emma. I stood there shocked as our dorm caught fire and my two, new friends just walked out grumpy and grouchy because they couldn't sleep.

"Uh guys? Our dorm is on fire." I stated. How could they casually just walk out? And what did they say about some twins? Nothing was making sense, but at least now I understood not to bug them, they weren't morning people. Or maybe it was because it was 6:15 in the morning.

I stayed close behind them and when we got out into the hallway that had four other black doors like ours, Bethany closed the door.

"What are you guys DOING?" I hollered. Then I remembered it was really early. Emma placed her hand on the door and so did Bethany who nodded for me to do the same.

I placed my hand on the door and with a bright flash, Emma and Bethany just walked back in and went into their rooms. I was left in the hallway staring, mouth dropped, at our not-on-fire dorm.

I locked the door and entered into my room, the room was just how it should have been, neat and not burning down to ashes. Hmm I thought. Must be those regeneration crystals again.

I tried to get some more hours in of sleep because I got the gut feeling again, it was going to be a big day today.

...

Beep, Beep, Beep, screeched my alarm.
"Ugh" I rolled over to turn it off. It read 8 AM. I hadn't even set it, but I guess the alarms here were automatic.

Two hours ago, my room was on fire and my friends were super grumpy, hopefully they'll be happier. I heard a scream come from the kitchen and a bunch of yelling, that was probably the answer to my question. Then three seconds later I hear wind swishing and my door bumping with each gust.

"Umm... Guys? What's going on out there?" I walk out in wearing my black shorts and my navy blue oversized shirt. My hair probably looked like a crazy plant Bethany had made to stop the demons and monsters a few days ago.

I didn't relized that I walked into the Civil War as Emma had mini tornados coming off of her finger tips and Bethany made vines crawl over all the walls. Emma kept launching mini cyclones at Bethany making her hair stand on end. Bethany had vines wrapped around Emma's ankles and on a nearby vine, flowers started blooming.

"How could you? You know how much it ment to me!! I thought we had an agreement." Emma hollered.

"I'm sorry, I've told you a million and ten times. Sorry! I couldn't resist, it's like my thing, too." Bethany screamed back.

"Stop, everyone, STOP!" Water now joined the fight and it started flying everywhere. Emma collected the water in a storm cloud that dumped it on Bethany.

"Thats it!" Bethany's flowers squirted something on Emma, who fell back, but didn't hit the floor. She just floated above the ground, her eyes closed in a trance.

"Ugh! She's going to kill me one day!" Bethany said dripping wet getting a towel from a shelf next to the bathroom door I hadn't noticed yesterday. I stood there, dripping wet, hair puffed up like it was electrocuted, mouth dropped open. "What?" Bethany asked.

"Do you realize that I'm super confused right now? I just witnessed a war between my two new friends. And what did you do to Emma?!" I questioned.

"I just gave her a tiny douce of scopolamine, but it won't do harm, only knock her out for about 10 min max." She explained.

"Scopolamine? That's super dangerous!" I said. That was a flower that is used only in rare cases and was illegal to buy. It helped with cancer and diabetes, but only rarely.

"Like I said, tiny amount." She said. "She will only be sleeping for about ten minutes max." Bethany stood up and pushed Emma to her room. I followed and in Emma's room, paintings filled the walls. Where there wasn't paintings, there were bookcases filled with all different novels. Her bed was light blue with a bunch of homemade pillows. Her closet was open revealing a tornado of clothes. Her TV was on Netflix, and she had been recently been watching the Flash, Stranger Things, and Supergirl. I had watched Stranger Things, but maybe I'd try the super heroes genre. Bethany put Emma in her bed and walked out, closing the door.

"You should probably get ready for your classes," Bethany suggested as she made vines fix the place up again. "You're Schedual arrived this morning after the fire incident. Class starts in an hour and a half at ten AM" She went to her room and I did the same.

I changed out of my pjs and changed into new clothes provided by the camp. I wore gray jeans, a cute blue shirt that was off the shoulders and didn't have three Cs on it like most of the others. I put on my black converse and swung my leather jacket on.

I brushed my curly hair and tightened it into a high pony-tail and adjusted my pendant which I never took off. I stepped out of the room where Emma and Bethany were sitting on the couch eating chocolate and laughing. I rolled my eyes at them and laughed.

"I don't get you guys." I walked into the kitchen where all the cookies were gone. "Emma!" I yelled. "Where did the triple chocolate chip cookies go?"

"I sorta killed them when I ate them." Emma said with a puppy dog face. She stood up with Bethany right behind and walked over to the kitchen. "I'll bake more, but then I might burn the kitchen down." She said guilty.

"Last time, she tried to make cookies, she ignored the alarm because she was in a 'good part' of her book." Bethany accused. Emma slapped Bethany's arm and Bethany rolled her eyes and went to her room.

"She's moody in the morning, sorry. We can go to the Mess Hall and get some more food this evening. But do you want to go with me, Bethany prefers to stick to her 'low calorie diet' of yogurt for breakfast." Emma went on.

"So I guess that includes chocolate and cookies." I said sarcastically. We laughed and left the dorm to go to the Mess Hall.

As Emma turned to lock the dorm door with the touch of her palm, someone shoved me as they walked by. I turned to a blonde girl who started laughing. Two others joined in, both brunettes. They all had red pendants, the blonde had gold chain, one with blue eyes had a copper chain, the one with brown eyes had a silver chain.

"Good one, Gigi!" Said the brown eyed girl to the blonde.

"Thanks, newbie needs the full experience." Said Gigi towards me and Emma who now was very red, ready to go off. I pushed her hand down as she raised it and nodded at her.

"Glad you care so much about my time here!" I shouted down the hallway at the girls.

"That's Gigi, her twin is the one with the same blue eyes as her, Mari. The other brown eyed one is, Breana, the sidekick." Emma explained. "Their dorm is the one right across from us."

"I already hate them." I added.

"Glad you see reason." Emma replied. "Now my pancakes are awaiting, can we go? Of course we can." Emma answered her own question. She tugged my arm towards the other end of the hallway where Gigi had gone down.

There will definitely be a next time.