Chapter 21

The maze groaned and shifted as I walked and the vines swayed slightly in the roar of the walls. There was wind and little droplets of water in them. The torches on the walls didn't move in the wind and continued their spiral upward. The maze was completely elemental and I could tell, much more deadlier. I couldn't help but think of my friends and I shouted constantly for them, but my own voice came back as my reply. I heard a crack behind me and before I even looked, I sprinted forward down the corridors, weaving in and out of the passage ways. I saw the cameras moving as I ran, following my every step. I grabbed a rock and threw it at the next camera, but it didn't budge. I probably looked pathetic, I slowed down and looked around. Everything was still the same, the walls ahead moved and so I ducked into another passage to my left. A screech filled my ears and I looked around, it sounded again.

"Hello?" I yelled. A loud metal groan filled my ears and a wall slammed down in front of me. I looked up and saw that what ever ceiling was above, was too far away, the white walls faded into pitch. "Hello!" I cupped my hands around my mouth again, but it was gone. I didn't know if that was one of my friends, or a part of the maze to throw me off. And hopefully, there were no more hallucinations and illusions, I'm done with those. I turned from the wall and went back the way I came from and a wall slammed down from the ceiling in front of me.

I tightened my grip on the sword, feeling a trap coming on. I looked around and one passage way to my right was all that was left. I ran towards it not knowing what could happen and I saw the walls pushing together, the passage way's opening getting smaller and smaller. I threw my sword through the opening and slid on the ground as the walls shut behind me. I grabbed my sword from the ground and looked at the new room I was in. The vines swayed more violently here and as I walked it felt like they were reaching out to me. I brushed my hand on it, maybe it was Bethany?

"Hello?" I said normally, my voice sore for shouting. No answer came and I walked faster through the vines. I tripped and fell looking back at my ankle that was stuck in a vine. I sat and tried to unravel it, but the vines held fast. "Crap." I pulled at it and the vines came at me and tightened around my other ankle. I reached for my sword and it flew into my hand as vines wrapped around my wrists. "Uh oh..." I knew I was in trouble now and I swatted my sword, cutting loose my ankles I tried to run and yank the vines from my wrists, but they held strong. I groaned in the strength I was using and the vines dug into my wrists. I haulted and tried to slice at the vines, but my sword slipped from my grasp.

I cursed and stepped away from the vines, but they were on either side of the hallway. They wrapped around my ankles again and crawled up my legs to my thighs. I pulled, but they kept getting tighter and longer up to my elbows. I screamed knowing soon the vines would find my neck and suffocate me. I willed water to form in between my hands and I shot it at a group of vines that released my wrists a little for me rip them out of the tangled vines. I lunged for my sword and cut at my feet. I got up quickly sprinting down the hall, cutting through the vines that got too close. I didn't look back until I saw where the vines were no longer alive again and with a need to kill me.

I stumbled out into another room of the maze and fell to the floor. My sword scattered away from me and I inspected my wrists. The tips of my fingers had turned white without circulation and my wrists were bruised, along with my ankles. I rubbed them and willed some of my healing powers to stop the burning and heal the bruises. I rubbed my ankles and did the same, hoping they wouldn't hurt when I had to walk or run. Finding my footing, I stood with my sword once more and decided a way that I would follow. Following only my gut, I trusted the ways I took and hoped that they would lead me to my friends. More minds are better than one, expecially if I found Emma. She probably had this whole thing figured out by now if I knew her. Bethany was probably yelling and hitting anything that moved. Logan was probably complaining and mumbling stuff to himself. Chris, I can't even imagine how his hair must look, probably ran his fingers through every inch of his head and his eyes flared in every corner. I thought I, myself, was doing quite well so far. I'm alive, okay, and not dead so, whatever. I heard the moving of a camera over head, looking up, I saw it scan the hallway I was in. I lugged my sword at the camera and the lenses shattered. That felt good.