Chapter 12

The heat burned my skin, it felt like we had been falling for whole minutes. I had my head on Chris's shoulder and and his on mine. We had our arms around each other like in a hug.

We plummeted down into the void of my vision where I knew a burning a world of ash would greet us. But the question still ringed in my ear: How did Chris get sucked in too? I could only imagine what he was thinking now.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this." I whispered in his ear. I don't know how I brought him into my vision, but I so regret it because he doesn't need to see this awfulness.

"I'm glad to be here," he whispered. "You don't need to do this alone." I hugged him tighter, and that's when I felt my feet hit water. Glad we weren't slammed into a wall like I was last time. Chris let go of the hug, But still clinged on to my hand as we swum upward. But as I tried to swim to the surface, I couldn't. Chris was above me now. How could he swim faster? I'm the one with the water elemental powers. As I struggled more to swim, it seemed that I was being pulled in stronger. Chris probably couldn't hold his breath like I could, so I let go.

I got sucked down into the depths and looking up, Chris seemed to fly out of the water, I heard my name become called but it faded away. I finally couldn't hold much longer and I breathed in the water, knowing I was going to die.

But as I thought about my almost meaningless life as it flashing before me, the water I was in wasn't like water anymore. I was breathing the water, I guess it was part of my abilities. Why doesn't anyone tell me this stuff?

I was pulled deeper into the water, funny how my ears didn't pop and my body didn't completely get crushed by the water pressure. The dim light above me at the surface completely faded and I felt rock beneath my feet I wasn't in the dark lake water anymore. I was in the same dark room from before, now with even more vines growing on the walls. A fire lit right in front me and I fell back with surprise. In front of me stood a dark figure.

Once again You return, but this time I brought you here. Your friend was a bonus point. Said the rough, course voice again in my head.

You aren't really me, are you? I asked.

Yes, and you will do just like we all have done for generations. You will be miserable once you fail, there is no changing the future. Everything you do will bring you down this path. She told.

I won't become whatever you are, never. Why did you bring me here? I asked in my head.

You are here because your time has come. Protect the ones you love, the Lord of Fire will take and destroy them with glee. You wont bear to face him, with his face... A deep crackle bubbled from within the person who said they're... Me?

The golden quest will commence in a few hours, be prepared. The roots of the ever burning tree with dry up and be no more. I will guide you, and you will know. Said the voice once more. Her voice echoed through the room and everything began to spin. I found myself back on the lake, being pulled like I had every time I've visited this dreadful place. I landed next to the burning tree which now only consists of a very small stump. On the ash covered grass next to it, lay Chris.

"Chris! Get up, we're leaving, I think. Chris!" I yelled towards him, I couldn't move but eventually the force lifted him off the ground. We headed backwards and I was unable to see where we were going. I closed my eyes as the winds increased.

...

I woke up on my bed, Chris next to me, gladly still asleep. I quickly jumped off of the bed and my cheeks flamed. Chris got up and then looked around then down at the bed. He jumped off, also very red. He looked at me and walked over.