Chapter 12

Lightning and the Mario Brothers calmly walked aimlessly through the forest looking for berries. Suddenly, Luigi gained sight of a Sitrus berry bush. "Hey Lightning!!! I found some" Luigi told her. Lightning walked towards him to take a look at the berry bush.

"Good find Luigi" Lightning told him.

"Thanks" he smiled.

Lightning picked a few berries off the tree. She gave one to each brother and Klefki.

After they ate their berries, they continued through the forest. Unbeknownst to them, a Garvantula gained sight of them.

"Those two must be the ones" he said to himself quietly. The Garvantula shot a Sticky Web and it got a hold of Luigi.

"Help me!!!!" he cried. The Garvantula showed himself.

"What is the big idea?!" Lightning ordered.

"Lightning? Why are you on their side? They're our tickets to freedom from Yveltal. Once I catch them both, I'll bring them to Amoonguss and he'll bring them straight to Yveltal. Then Yveltal will leave our forest alone" The Garvantula explained.

"Y-Yveltal" Luigi quivered.

"I'm not going to let you do that

"I'm not going to let you do that. These Eevees are innocent and I'm not going to let you sacrifice them to Yveltal. You know there are different ways to do this. We have to find Xerneas, she'll know what to do" Lightning said.

"No one knows where the Tree of Life is Lightning, this is the only way. If you don't give me the Eevees, then I'll just have to report you to the Starter Squad and they're kick you out of the group." Garvantula threatened.

Lightning gasped. She was now lost in thought a bit. "I-I" She stuttered.

"What do you say Lightning? Give me the Eevees or lose your place in the Starter Squad?" Garvantula asked.

"I-I would never do that to my friends. If you want to report me to the Squad and they fire me then go ahead. I'm not going to sacrifice my new friends to Yveltal, that just isn't right." Lightning answered with a sigh.

Mario was in complete shock that she would do that for them. "Lightning" he said under his breath.

Lightning uses Iron Tail to free Luigi

Lightning uses Iron Tail to free Luigi. "Alright then..." Garvantula said as he walked away.

"Come on guys. Let's go" Lightning sighed sullenly.

Mario and Luigi followed her. "Why did you do that for us?" Luigi asked.

"I never leave a friend behind" Lightning answered, cracking a small smile.

"Friends? You really consider us friends?" Luigi asked.

"Well yeah, unless you don't want to be-"

"No, no!! We can be friends if you want. You did help me save my brother and you saved both of us from being taken to Yveltal" Luigi interrupted.

"But you might not be a member of the Starter Squad anymore" Mario said.

"It doesn't matter... I can always join another Squad or make my own" Lightning replies.

Mario frowned. "We're so sorry about this..."

"Don't be! It's my decision" Lightning replied.

"Come on, we should find shelter so Luigi can teach you how to attack" Lightning told Mario.

"I have to teach Mario?!?!" Luigi asked. "Well that's a first."

"Don't worry, bro, you won't be teaching me much because I'm a quick learner" Mario replied.

"Yeah, yeah whatever" Luigi remarked.

_________________________
Another chapter done again. Hope you enjoyed. I'm updating this a lot this week. Mainly because I'm bored

New vote list: (had new people vote in both PM and comments)
Jolteon |5
Leafeon|7
Umbreon|6

0-O 6-6-6 NOPE!!! Somebody vote now!! Break it now!!! Please!!