Chapter 24

Lightning, Mario and Luigi all left the cave. "Come on guys!" Lightning told them.

Unbeknownst to them, an Umbreon with red rings and green eyes watched them in the shadows. He cackled with delight once he saw Lightning with the two Eevees.

"So... Lightning, did anything happen when you were with King Boo?" Mario asked, curiously. "Usually he loses his temper easily and puts it all on me. Did he do anything else to you other than using Psychic?"

Lightning shivered from the thought. "Well... He..."

"What happened?" Luigi asked, concerned.

"He demanded me to tell him your weaknesses and flaws. I never wanted to tell him so he kept attacking me and ordering me to tell him. He even gave me a terrifying nightmare and every time I fall asleep they keep haunting me." Lightning exclaimed.

"That's- That's terrible! I swear if I see him again he'll be sorry but that's if I do... I-I hope I never have to face him again." Luigi trembled.

"Me neither, Luigi" Lightning stated.

Mario looked at Luigi's leg where the Boo bit him, he then noticed something. "Luigi, the bite mark isn't there anymore!"

"What bite mark?" Lightning asked.

"One of the ghosts bit me in the leg while we were in the Mansion searching for you." Luigi answered.

"Oh..." Lightning said. "It must have been the Sitrus Berry you ate last night that healed you. The Sitrus Berry doesn't just fill you up, it can also heal you as well."

"Oh wow! That's cool! It's like those healing Mushrooms we eat during our adventures in our world, Bro" Luigi told Mario. He nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, a Dragon Pulse came out of nowhere and hit Luigi, who bumped into a tree in surprise. They heard a cackle coming from in the shadows.

"Hey! What was the big idea! Who are you? Show yourself!" Lightning ordered.

The Umbreon came out with an evil looking smirk on his face.

"You!" Lightning growled.

"Lightning!" The Umbreon replied.

"What are you doing here, Red?" Lightning asked.

"It's none of your concern, Pesky Starter!" Red growled using Shadow Ball. Lightning dodges the Attack.

Luigi slowly gets up to his paws and glared at Red. Red turns his gaze to Luigi and uses Quick Attack, pushing him against the tree.

"Leave him alone!" Lightning uses Electro Ball and hits Red.

"He's a friend of yours, isn't he?" Red laughed.

"You better not hurt him again!" Lightning growled, sparks coming out of her cheeks.

"Oh I'm sorry did you say something because I didn't hear you over your growling." He commented, using Dragon Pulse on him.

Lightning uses Thunderbolt. "Luigi run!" She shouted. Luigi runs behind Mario trembling.

"Luigi, you okay?" Mario asked.

"I-I'm fine." He answered.

Mario and Luigi used Shadow Ball, while Lightning used another Electro Ball, hitting Red.

"You'll pay for that!" Red snarled. He used Pursuit followed by another Dragon Pulse as the attacks hit the trio. Lightning glared at Red until an idea pops into her head.

"Guys I've got a plan..." she whispers to them.

"What is it?" Mario asked.

"I'll use Electro Ball. Luigi uses Shadow Ball and you, Mario, you hit the attacks with Iron Tail at Red." Lightning explains.

"Got it!" They replied.

"Alright, you ready Mario?" Lightning asks.

"Let's a go" he replied as his tail turned to Iron.

Luigi releases Shadow Balls and Lightning releases Electro Balls at Mario as he hits them at Red with his Iron Tail, hitting him each time. Red collapsed to the ground defeated.

"I-I'll get you all for this!" Red growled.

Lightning turns to the brothers and smiles at them

Lightning turns to the brothers and smiles at them. "Great job!" She told them.

"Hehe It was nothing" Mario chuckled.

"Thanks" Luigi smiled back at Lightning.

"Let's keep going" Lightning tells them as they keep moving through the forest

__________________________
Another chapter. Hope you enjoyed. More coming

Red is not my character. He belongs to Little_demon_thing

Heads up... It's getting closer to when Luigi finds out about his special ability of being able to evolve into three Eeveelutions.