Chapter 20

"Come on, Weeg, please wake up. It's dangerous to be sleeping in a haunted mansion" Mario told his brother.

Luigi still didn't wake up.

"Luigi, wake up or I'll- I'll.... Tickle you! I know how much you hate being tickled but if you don't wake up, you leave me no choice" Mario told him. Still nothing.

"Okay, you asked for it bro" Mario began tickling Luigi as he jolted awake with laughter. 

"Stop Mario stop, please!" He begged as he laughed.

Mario stopped tickling him. "Took you long enough" he giggled.

"Where are we? What happened?" Luigi asked.

"We're in the Mansion. Y-"

"What? We're in the Mansion! I- I'm so sorry, Mario! I-I didn't mean to fall asleep like that especially in the place you usually get captured in" Luigi interrupted, sullenly.

"No, no Luigi. It's okay. It wasn't your fault. A Boo attacked you. I'm just glad you're okay" Mario said.

"I'm glad you're okay, Mario! I thought the boos would have gotten a hold of you again" Luigi told him.

"Oh I'm fine. How's the bite you've got from the Boo? Can I see?" Mario asked. Luigi sat up and slowly raised the paw that was bitten by the Boo. "It looks like it'll leave a mark but I'm sure it'll heal" " Mario told him. "Anyways, come on, let's keep going. Lightning still needs help, Bro."

"Of course" Luigi replied as he stood up.

                                                                                    ***

Lightning laid down in the cage, wincing in pain and having a coughing fit from the Psychic taking the breath out of her.

"Now, will you talk?" King Boo asked. 

Lightning slowly got to her paws and glared at King Boo, sparks coming out of her cheeks. "I told you! I'll never... Tell you anything that will help you catch them... Hit me with your best shot... You'll never get through me..." she coughed. 

"You really are stubborn, aren't you?"  King Boo cackled. "This is quite fun! Watching you sacrifice all your energy for those pathetic friends of yours. It's... terrific." He gave Lightning a menacing stare that made her quiver. He picked her up and squeezed her again with Psychic.

Lightning gritted her teeth before screaming in pain again. "Help!!" She cried, struggling to get free. He only started squeezing her tighter. "Ahhh!! You're hurting me! Please stop! Let me go!" 

"Not until you tell me what you know" King Boo tells her. "Now, are you ready to talk, pest! You better tell me the answer I want to hear this time!" 

"Y-you will never break me.." she replied, weakly.

"Wrong answer, Pikabrat!!" King Boo stated, before making the Psychic stronger.

Lightning winced in pain before losing consciousness. King Boo finally let go as she collapsed to the ground.

"Good night, Pikachu. Maybe a good night's sleep will make you think more properly." King Boo laughed maniacally. "In fact maybe a Nightmare will make you talk. Don't you think so my Boo friends?" The Gastly Agreed.

"Now witness my true power!" King Boo's crown began to glow. Lightning was struck by a purplish light.

                                                                      ***

Lightning opened her eyes groggily. "What happened? Where am I?"

She took in her surroundings, realizing that she was still trapped in the mansion by King Boo in a cage.