Chapter 49

A few miles away from the Bros, a Shiny curly-furred Eevee with blue eyes and a pink bow on her right ear was being chased by Yveltal Bowser.

"Get back here, you scrub!!" Bowser roared.

However, the Eevee didn't stop running. Bowser fired an Oblivion Wing after her, but she turned to the left at the nick of time before it could attack her. Bowser then realized that he lost track of her. He roared with frustration before turning back to his territory.

                                                                      ***

The Eevee continued running until she finally noticed Yveltal wasn't following her anymore. All the running made her a little hungry so she decided to go search for food.

She finally found a Rawst berry bush after a while and began picking off a dozen to eat. After her lunch break, the Eevee continued on through the forest. She didn't want Yveltal Bowser to find her again so she would rather not stay in one place for too long if she could help it.

                                                                           ***

Meanwhile, the group of heroes continued traveling the forest unaware of the plan the Eeveelutions had to attempt to capture them.

The Shiny Eevee caught sight of them and ran towards the group. She thought it was best to warn them about Yveltal. "Hey, I would be careful if I were you. Yveltal may be close by. I just managed to escape him." She said.

"Who are you?" Lightning asked the Eevee.

"I'm Eva and you are?"

"I'm Lightning and this is Mario, Luigi, Tidal, Riley and Yoshi." Lightning answered.

"Well it is really nice to meet you all" Eva replied, happily.

"It's nice to meet you too. Would you like to come with us to search for the Tree of Life so we can stop Yveltal and save the forest?" Lightning asked.

"Sure. It's better to travel in a group now." Eva responded.

"Great, let's go" Lightning replied.

At that moment, a certain Umbreon with pink rings and a pink flower on her left ear appeared.

"Finally I found you!" She growled. Suddenly she turned to see Eva with the group. "YOU!!!" She growled in hatred.

"Melody..." Eva replied through gritted teeth.

"You know this a Umbreon, Eva?" Lightning asked, curiously.

"Yes, she's evil and wants to destroy me." Eva answered.

Suddenly, Melody attacked with Dark Pulse at the group of heroes but they quickly avoided the attack. "It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is that you all are taken care of by Yveltal."

"What? But we didn't do anything to you" Luigi spoke up.

"Can It greenie." Melody fired another Dark Pulse at him. Luigi was hit critically as he bumped into a tree in surprise.

"Luigi!" Lightning and Mario cried in unison.

Mario attacked with a Shadow Ball. Melody easily dodged the attack. "How pathetic..." she replied.

She ran towards Mario with Quick Attack and he bumped into Luigi. Mario quickly got back up and helped Luigi up to his paws too.

"Come on Luigi, we can do this." Mario told him.

Oh, yeah!" Luigi nodded in determination. He was ready to get Melody back to attacking him.

Both Mario and Luigi charged Shadow Ball. Both of their Shadow Balls became one larger one as they both released it at Melody. She was grazed by the attack but she didn't give up.

"Ugh.... You're going to pay for that you swines." Melody growled in anger through gritted teeth.

Lightning used Thunderbolt before she could do anything to the brothers. Melody was shocked by Lightning's electric attack.

Melody shook it off and glared at Lightning and headed towards her with Pursuit. Lightning was hit by the attack but she came back with Electro Ball.

Melody dodged the Electro Ball and used Dark Pulse.

Lightning was hit hard. "AHHHHH!!!!" She screamed, before collapsing to the ground.

"Lightning no!!" Mario and Luigi cried.

"You leave our friend alone!" Luigi cried. He used Shadow Ball. The attack was a hit and Melody didn't look too happy about it.

"L-Luigi be careful..." Lightning whispered.

"Don't worry Lightning, I'll be fine. She hurt you. She needs to learn a lesson" Luigi replied.

"I-I'm Fine..." Lightning mumbled as she slowly got up.

" Lightning mumbled as she slowly got up

She suddenly collapsed again. Mario rushed to her side. "You should rest Lightning. You don't have to worry, we can handle this." He told her.

Lightning was about to protest before she realized he was right. "Okay... Just be careful..."

"We will. I promise." Mario informed her. He gave her a Sitrus Berry before helping Luigi and his other friends fight Melody.

_________________________________________________________
That's the end of Chapter 49. Hope you enjoyed. More coming soon...

Lucky for you that you got two chapters today. (Maybe 3 if I can get another one done today)

This story will have 64 chapters in it which means around 15 more chapters left so yay! After this story there will be a sequel for sure.