Chapter 30

Mario, Luigi, and Lightning were about to move on until a Frogadier and Braixen leaped out in front of them, showing their Starter Squad badges. "you are under arrest" the Braixen cried.

"Put your paws in the air where we can see them" the Frogadier said.

"W-what?" Lightning questioned.

The Braixen took the Pokecuffs out and approached Lightning. "Lightning, you are under arrest for helping the wanted Eevees. Put your paws behind your back, Pikachu!" She ordered.

"This is outrageous! We didn't do anything! You've been tricked!" Mario cried, as the Frogadier grabbed ahold of him, ready to put on the Pokecuffs.

The Frogadier took out a device once he was contained and scanned Mario. The device read...

Criminal Identified...

Species: Eevee

Moves known: Iron Tail and Shadow Ball

Criminal Rank: Not specified

Wanted for: Not specified

The Frogadier looked back at Mario and grabbed him by the cuffs. He then approached Luigi.

Luigi quivered. "P-please we're not a threat. We just want to save this world and go back home..." he begged, tears in his eyes. "Well you will be saving this world but you won't be going home anytime soon." The Frogadier caught him and put on the Pokecuffs as well. He was also scanned with the device.

Criminal identified...

Species: Eevee

Moves known: Iron Tail, Shadow Ball and Bite

Criminal Rank: Not Specified

Wanted for: Not specified

"You have to listen to them! They're innocent... Please..." Lightning said.

"Silence! We don't want to hear it traitor" The Braixen replied.

"Traitor?! I am not the traitor, SolarFlare, you are!" Lightning cried.

SolarFlare put the Pokecuffs on Lightning. "You can't keep me contained forever you know. You're making a mistake!" Lightning attempted to use Thunderbolt but nothing happened.

SolarFlare grinned. "Don't you remember that these Pokecuffs can extract your attacks. How else can the criminals not be able to use attacks to escape? Now, I would stop misbehaving and I don't want to hear another word from you or I'll hit you with my stick" she warned.

"Now move it criminals. Whirlpool, you take care of those two Eevees." SolarFlare replied.

"On it! Move it!" He pushed the brothers forward, almost making Luigi fall.

***

"Get in there!" SolarFlare yelled harshly. They pushed Lightning and the brothers into a used to be empty cell. Luigi fell and landed on the cold floor, face first. SolarFlare and Whirlpool locked the door and walked away.

Luigi didn't bother to stand back up and hid his face in his paws.

"Luigi, are you okay?" Mario asked with concern.

Luigi looked up. "No Mario, I'm not okay. We're stuck in prison and now they're going to bring us to Yveltal and we'll never get home!" He cried, burying his face in his scruff.

Klefki flew out of his scruff, slightly annoyed.

"Luigi, it'll be alright... We'll find a way out of here. I promise..." Lightning assured him.

"Yeah? And how are we going to do that?" Luigi asked, looking up at her.

"Trust me..." Lightning answered. She turned her gaze to Klefki. "...In fact I think I have an idea already. Klefki, do you think you could help us?"

"Sure. What should I do?"

"Can you go through one of gaps of the cell door and look for the keys so we can get out?" Lightning asked.

"Fine." Klefki flew through the door's gap and turned back to her friends before setting off to find the key.

"We'll be out of here before you know it guys. I have faith in Klefki." Lightning told them.