Epilogue

"That's everything then?" Kaien asked. Zero, Yagari, Kaito, and several other members of the Hunter Association scrutinized her from the other side of a rectangular table. Maya sat in a lone chair in the middle of a small room, arms and legs crossed. 

She nodded. "Everything that happened that I did was because of Kaname Kuran. I was under his control, therefore I had to do things against my will. It explains my behavior, and I understand if you still are against letting me come back to the Association because of my wrongdoings." She hated saying this and it hurt her to do so. It was not up to her, even if she was the only remaining Ancestor, a great hunter, or the adopted daughter of the Association President. Rules were rules. 

"Leave us. Wait out in the hall until we call you back in." Kaien stated. Maya stood, closing the door behind her when she exited. All the rooms were soundproof, so she wouldn't able to listen in. Maya was glad that it was the case, maybe it would hurt less in one blow rather than know the outcome before the gave the verdict. 

___________________________________________________________________________

It was a rather cool spring morning as Maya jogged through the park, taking the time to clear her mind. Families and their children were wandering around, a few dogs playing fetch, though if the ball got too close to Maya, they'd avoid her like the plague. She glanced down at her watch, seeing that she had an hour before she was to meet up with Kaito, having a feeling it was some sort of apology lunch that he was inviting her to after how he treated her during the whole Kaname ordeal that occurred several months ago.

As she ran, her attention waived, and she clipped shoulders with someone, rather hard, and ended up tumbling forward and landing on her backside. "HEY!" She growled, even though it was her fault for not noticing, but the other person could have moved out of the way. "Watch it!"

"You watch it, dog." 

Maya brushed her hands together, staring up at the business clad vampire men. "I beg your pardon?" 

One of them got in her face. "Just because you were Kuran's little disciple doesn't mean you're still a big shot. Don't think we don't know about what you did."

"Watch your tongue!" She hissed in reply without so much as a blink. Her powerful aura swelled, a low growl threatening to escape her chest.

"Enough. We're in a park for heaven's sake." Came a voice from behind them. The group split, revealing Heisuke who walked forward, holding out a hand to Maya when he got to her. "Maya-sama." She reached out and took it, allowing him to pull her back on her feet. 

Heisuke turned to his comrades. "Apologize at once."

The men all went white. "Maya-sama! We did not recognize you!" They quickly bowed and excused themselves, leaving Heisuke and Maya to stand on the side of the semi-busy park path. Heisuke chuckled, wrapping his arms around Maya's waist, who in turn, held the back of his neck with her hands.

"Saying that you're my girlfriend isn't enough to put a stop to this nonsense." Heisuke said, kissing her forehead. 

Maya pretended to think for a moment, smiling. "Hmm, maybe you should make it official."

"I should, shouldn't I?" He smiled, their faces close. "Are you busy tonight?"

"Yeah, I have to meet Kaito for lunch. I'm pretty sure its to give me an apology. And since they gave back the right to be an official Hunter again, my hands will be more than full. I will be very very busy." She replied. He chuckled and kissed her.

Author's Note: This Book has come to a close. I will wait to publish Book 2 for a day or two. Gotta give my brain a while to recoup. Book 2 is already up and I'm writing a prologue as we speak. I'm so ecstatic to give you guys more!  Two long months and 25 chapters later, holy heck. I chopped these things out like my life depended on it. Thank you for all the love and support.

Again, Love you all! Vampire Knight for the win!

BOOK 2 IS OUT!