Chapter 5: Bad Days

(Marinette's POV)

I wake up the next morning find myself scared to go to school.

I honestly didn't want to face Adrien again; I didn't have to yesterday because after I saved Paris, the school day was already over.

I got ready slowly.

"What's got you so beat?" Tikki asks me as I put on the black jacket I wear every day with my white shirt with pink flowers on it.

I am walking to school, and I see Adrien's car pass by. I look the other way, pretending I didn't see it pass.

Once I arrived at school, I am relieved to see that Alya's there.

"Alya! I have so much to tell you!" I say when I walk up to her.

"Me too! I got Ladybug on camera while she was fighting!" She said; her eyes shining with joy.

"Okay," I said. "You first."

"So since I was sick," she started. "I was sitting in my room when I saw Ladybug outside my window. I ran outside and took a video and I caught her whole fight! It was awesome!"

"Omg! You HAVE to show me the video after school," I replied, trying to pretend I'm excited.

"I know right! So what did you want to tell me?"

"It's about Adrien. I-"

She cut me off. "Did he finally confess his love to you?"

"Actually," I correct her. "The opposite. He said he liked this cute girl and some other stuff. I was heartbroken so I don't want to see him today. I was a fool. I should've known he wouldn't like the clumsiest girl in the school."

Alya's face turned from excited to surprise to... Happiness?

"Really? Marinette, we can't just jump to conclusions. That girl could be you, for all we know. Let's just wait and see, girl." Alya said.

"True! So that means he might like me after all!" I exclaimed. I then told her about my dream.

"Aw! Maybe that would happen!" She exclaimed.

"Haha. Probably not." I respond.

The bell rang. As Alya and I walked to class, Adrien waved to me and I just stuck my nose in the air and closed my eyes and ignored him. It's like day one all over again.

"Go talk to him," Alya says, nodding to Adrien who was currently talking to Chloè.  "Nah, I rather not. Chloè's over there anyway." I sigh.

"It's now or never," she said, and I knew it was true. It's now when we can sort things out for each other, or never because after this day I'd probably be too afraid to talk to him again.

"Now," I said, gathering my confidence. "Now, we will sort things out."

We arrived in the classroom, and Adrien is still talking to Chloè. For some reason, the teachers didn't arrive yet so everyone is just standing up and socializing.

I walked up to Adrien.

"Hey, Adrien," I say. He looks relieved as he tells Chloè that he needs to take care of something.

Then he turns to me.

"H-hey Marinette!" His shyness was clear on his face.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday." I start, looking down. "I-I don't know why I stormed out. I don't know why I was mad. I'm sorry."

I look up and see his green emerald eyes staring intently at me. I squirm and fiddle with the hem of my shirt.

"Actually," He begins. "I should be the one apologizing. I broke the #1 rule for anyone: don't tell anyone- unless it's your best friend- that you like someone, even if you're talking about it to your actual crush." He blushes and rubs the back of his neck.