Chapter 22: Home and Horror

(Mari's POV)

"You are allowed to leave, your father and mother are going to pick you up. They will be here in an hour." The nurse told me.

"Okay," I said. "Thank you!"

The nurse nodded and headed out the door. Cat Noir emerged from the closet he was hiding from and I couldn't help but giggle.

"I wonder how much homework I have," I sighed as I thought about school.

"Me too," Cat Noir said.

"Bad kitty!" I said and he jumped at my sudden loudness. "You should've went to school rather than stay with me!"

"When my princess is sick, someone needs to spoil her. Lucky for you, I was here because that is my job." He replied.

I laughed. "Oh? But what about when I get a boyfriend? Will it still be your job?" I asked and immediately regretted it. His figure noticeably changed, his shoulders droop, and his ears went flat.

"I-i guess. I mean, I would want your boyfriend to be jealous so I would just stay out of you and your boyfriends way so I don't have to get in any trouble." He rambled.

"Relax, kitty," I said. "I don't have my eyes on anyone anymore."

He looked confused as his ears went up again "What about that Agreste kid?" He asked and I laughed.

"When I realized that I was out of his league I decided not to like him anymore. He's a great friend is all. I've been liking someone who has been ignoring me, and ignoring the people who like me."

I blush as I realize what I just said.

"I- what I mean is!!! I just think he can never see me the way I see him." I explain as my blush faded away.

"He's a idiot for not seeing you," Cat Noir says. "You're the most wonderful girl I have ever met. Never forget that."

I smile. "Thanks, kitty."

We start packing my things. It wasn't much, so it didn't take long. I fed Tikki a cookie before changing into a new set of clothes, which were my everyday clothes, before fixing the hospital bed.

Then the nurse came in.

"Your ride had arrived," she said.

I bid and give a quick look around the room to see if I missed anything.

I didn't see anything so Cat Noir and I walked out the door.

Before we reached the car, he told me he was heading home so his father wouldn't get worried.

~~*~~

The drive home was silent, but comfortable. If course, they asked me how I was and if I was okay, but after that it was silent.

A part of me still longs for Adrien; his perfect face, his gentleman-like behaviour, all of that.

But, a certain kitty found his way into my heart too.

He somehow found a back door I didn't even know was there and snuck in.

And I'm glad he did.

I knew I was falling for Cat when I started to think his lame jokes and puns were funny.

And, the worst part, he knows I kind of like him...

(Flashback from a yesterday)

{3rd person POV}

"......mmm..Adrien..." Marinette mumbled as she fell asleep. "I think I'm falling for...."

"....Cat Noir...."