Chapter 16: Does He Like Me?

(Mari's POV)

My heart races as Cat leaves my room. How did he figure out I was Ladybug?! My dumb self should've denied it.

And, he confessed! That dumb street cat confessed his love to me when he knows I like Adrien!

Well, truth be told, I like him a little. But it feels like my love for Adrien is bigger. Plus, I know he only loves me because I'm Ladybug. If he hadn't known, he wouldn't love me.

"Are you okay, Marinette?" Tikki floats beside my face and hugs my cheek.

"Yeah. It's just- so many things happened so fast. Cat Noir knows I'm Ladybug. I'm not safe, nor is he. If he gets kidnapped by Hawk Moth, he will torture or possibly kill him just to find out my identity. I don't want him to risk that. He's too important to me. And then he confessed. I only denied him because I know he only loves Ladybug! Not the girl under." I broke into sobs that I've been holding on all day.

"Oh, Marinette, please don't cry." Tikki soothed me. "Cat Noir loves you. I know it. He cried in front of you, and remember how he showed you the place where he wanted to have a 'date' with LB. I pretty sure he likes both sides of you."

My sobs quieted down as I checked the time.

23:26

(I think that's how French time works? Idk... Btw it says 11:26 in case you didn't know))

I sighed. I laid down my head back on my pillow and fell asleep.

(It was a Saturday, so now it's Sunday, and she's still sick.)

I wake up with pain shooting through my body and head.

"Aaaagh!" I screamed in pain as it got worse.

Suddenly my mom came into my room.

"Marinette? Are you okay?" She asked. Once she saw me, she ran over to me.

"Are you okay?! What happened?!" She almost exclaimed in my ear.

"Everything..hurts...badly..." I managed to get out. It even hurt to talk.

"Tom! Call the hospital!" She shouted and looked back over to me.

"We'll get you to the hospital as soon as possible! Just don't fall-" I blacked out.

~~~*~~~
I woke up, to see bright lights hurting my eyes so I shut them closed. I was feeling super dizzy and lightheaded.

"She's awake!" I heard Alya's voice say. I open my eyes again to see my mom and dad to my left, my mom crying, and to my right a nurse with Alya, Nino and Adrien behind her.

Wait! ADRIEN?!

"W-where am I?" I stirred.

"Oh Marinette. You're okay." Alya smiled as she made her way over to me and smiled.

Everyone else gathered around my bed.

"If anything happens, push that button right there." The nurse with brown hair and grey eyes said while pointing to a big red button labeled "emergency".

Everyone nodded and she walked out of the room.

For a minute, nobody said anything. It was an awkward yet comfortable silence.

Then papa cleared his throat. "We're glad you're okay, Marinette."

I smiled at them but winced after finding out that just doing that hurt too.

"Thanks guys." I said.

I then felt a warm and soft hand touching mine so I looked up to meet my eyes with green.

I blushed and looked down.

"I'm really glad you're okay Marinette. I was really worried." He said with the perfect smile of his. And it was real, not photoshoot-tired smile. A genuine one.

"Thank you for shoming! I mean! Thank coming you for! I mean-" I tried to say before Alya cut me off by laughing.

"She means thank you for coming." She said.

"Yeah, you had us worried, dudette." Nino finally said something.

Mom hugged me, brushing away her tears. "I didn't know a fever can be this bad." She said before pulling away.

"You guys are such great friends. I'm so lucky to have you. Thank you all so much to taking the time of your day just to make sure I'm fine.  And thank you mom and dad for watching out for me. You don't know how much it means to me." I said, feeling guilty that they stopped their relaxing Sunday just to come see me.

"You're our friend, Marinette. We'd always be here for you, girl. We always got you're back, and so does your parents." Alya said giving me a smile with a wink.

"I-uh, I'll be right back. I have to use the restroom." Adrien said while rubbing the back of his neck. I noticed that that was a bad habit for him when he was awkward or nervous.

We all just sat I'm a comfortable silence.

Then the nurse came in.

"Um, Cat Noir wanted me to give this to you." She handed be a bouquet of red and pink roses.

My eyes light up.

"Really? Thank you! I mean, if possible, tell him I said thank you." I smiled at her and she nodded.

She opened the door to leave and that's when Adrien came in.

He took one glance from the roses in my arms and looked back at me.

"Who are those from?" He asked; his eyebrows curled up in a confused manner.

"Cat Noir," I say dreamily then clamp my hand over my mouth.

"I mean! Cat Noir! I was just, erm-" I covered my face with my hands when everyone stated to laugh.

"Girl, what kind of relationship do you have with the famous black cat?" Alya asked while smirking at me.

"W-what? I mean, we are just friends nothing more! Besides, I like someone else..." I put the roses on the table next to me.

Once again, everyone leaned in, including Adrien who was smirking.

"Really?" Alya said at the same time with Nino.

I looked at her incredulously. She knew! Why was she teasing me?!

"It's not nice to tease a sick person." I said and they laughed and finally backed away.

We talked for about ten more minutes before visiting hour was over.

We said our goodbyes and they left.

I am just so glad that Hawk Moth is on some kind of break, because he hasn't been sending that many Akumas. It makes it easier for me, especially since I can't fight right now.

I snuggled into the uncomfortable hospital bed as best as I could, and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
......hey guys! Yeah I'm sorry sorry for not updating in awhile. A lot of stuff is happening right now so just beat with me.

Also, wHaAaAaAaAaTtTtTt??!?! 573 reads, 58 likes, and 118 comments?! Woooowwww!!! We are halfway from 1K!! Thank you guys for the support and likes/votes it just makes my sad world a little brighter. Thanks!! ❤

Oh and...I know I have a lot a books, but I made a new one called You Were So Afraid Of My Voice, I Decided To Be Afraid Of It Too...
I hope you enjoy the first chapter of that book!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Be sure to leave a vote and a comment!

Until next time, my Wattpad Familia! BAII!

Peace Out,
             ~Asia✌❤✌❤

Edited 2K19