Chapter 15: My Bad Luck

I did it.

I found Ladybug.

(Adrien POV)

My heart was beating fast and hard in my chest.

Suddenly Marinette woke up.

"C-cat?" She stirred. "You're still here?"

I smiled. "Of course I am, bugaboo," I said as her eyes widen.

"W-what? What do you mean?"

"I know. I know you're Ladybug."

"H-how? Did you read my diary?"

"No. I just realized how similar you two are and then I saw the earrings." I smiled at her.

My smile falls as I see her look extremely sad. I grab her hand and hold it in mine.

"What's wrong, princess? Why are you sad?" I ask, concern clear as day in my voice.

"Are...are you disappointed? Knowing that Ladybug, graceful and brave, is just a clumsy weak, afraid girl under the mask?" She said, and I could see the tears at the corner of her eyes.

"Disappointed? Why would I be disappointed? M'lady, I'm now the happiest alley cat in the world knowing that my purrincess is my bugaboo. But...I'm the one who should be scared. Truth be told, I... I liked both you and Ladybug but didn't know who to choose. It's easier now, of course, because you guys are the same person. But...I don't think you...like me back...." I trailed off already knowing the answer.

I'm so dumb! She said she liked the other side of me. Adrien. Not Cat Noir.

"Cat Noir..." She said looking into my eyes.

"Marinette, please, can I reveal my identity to you?" I ask her, clenching her hand a little, but not too much to hurt her.

She looks away, avoiding eye contact. My ears fell.

"I-I'm sorry Cat. To protect everyone, including you, you must not show me who you really are. And...I told you before...I... I like Adrien Agreste.....I'm so sorry Kitty...

"I can't return your feelings."

Even though she likes the other side of me, it still pains me knowing that she kind of rejected me.

The real me.

So I guess I can only be myself when I'm wearing the mask, huh?

Tears crept to my eyes.

Just my luck kicking in. My bad luck.

"Sorry, Kitty..." She said looking down in shame.

"No sweat, M'lady. It's okay. But it is getting late, I should head home. See ya later, purrincess." And with that, I hop out of her window and head home.

Tears flow freely down my face as it starts to rain. Of course. Just my luck. My bad luck. At least nobody will know I was crying.

I hop through my window and close it. I detransform and lay face down on my bed, soaking it with tears.

Plagg flew over. "You okay, kid?" He said softly.

"N-no." I answered, my voice cracking.

Plagg sighed and waited for my outburst.

"She only loves the Adrien side of me! The fake me! Where I have to be this perfect little child for my father! But the real side of me she just can't seem to accept! If we were to start a relationship, it would be pointless because it's based off of a lie! She would have to learn how to love me instead of it just coming naturally." I broke down crying, as Plagg patted my head with his tiny arm and paw.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard a knock on my door.

"Adrien? Is everything alright?" Nathalie's voice said from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, everything's just fine!" I shouted through the door.

"Good." She said. "Tell us if you need anything."

Then her footsteps faded into the distance.

Why is it that every girl can fall in love with me, but the one girl I want can't seem to accept the real me?! Why?!

I sigh. I needed to get my mind off things. I decided to practice the piano.

I played the same exercise that I always do. When I finished, it was 7:24.

Another knock on my door. "Adrien, dinner's ready."

I walk out to the dining room to see my father sitting at the seat next to my chair.

Why is father here?

Must be some important clothing line of something. Great.

I sit down. For a minute, none of us said anything.

Then my father spoke up.

"Adrien. I heard you shouting in your room earlier." He said and I gulped and turned pale. "Is everything alright?"

He looked at me eye to eye, dull lifeless grey meets forest green.

"Yeah. Everything's fine." I said, looking down at my plate of mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a salad. Gross.

"No, it's not. Your face is stained with tears. What going on?"

I forgot to wash my face. Ugh. What should I say to father? I can't tell him about Marinette.

"It's nothing I...." I thought for a moment but acted like I was hesitating. "I got in a fight with one of my friends. Over the phone. Sorry if I disturbed you."

My father looked concerned. "Oh. I take it that you are feeling better now? I heard you playing the piano."

"Yeah. I feel better."

He nodded.

We finished dinner in silence.

"I have to get back to work now," My father said standing up so I did as well.

"I understand. I'm going to bed. Night, father." I replied and yawned.

"Goodnight, Adrien."

I soon as I entered my room I flopped on my bed. I fell asleep before I even changed my clothes.

It had been a tiring day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I know this chapter is only 921 words and usually I do 1,000. Sorry for the kinds short chapter but this was the only time I had to do this. Its like 12:31 am right now....

Oh and do you like the new cover? I like it way more than I did the other one...lol

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did, he sure to leave a vote and a comment!

Until next time my Wattpad Familia! BAII!

Peace Out,
~Asia❤✌❤✌

Edited 2K19