Chapter 26: Family

(Cat Noir's POV)

I detransform holding Marinette.

I can't believe I just lost my world.

I should've spoiled my princess, every princess deserves to be spoiled. Especially if that princess.is Marinette.

Tom and Sabine see me detransform and cry harder.

I call 911 and tell them what happened. Five minutes later, squad cars and ambulances arrived in the scene.

The take away Marinette's lifeless body and tell me to go home.

In the rain, I walk home sadly. I cry, the tears won't stop.

I lost Marinette, I lost Ladybug.

I lost her.

I first go to Nino's house, and tell everything that happened. I cry harder, and Alya immediately broke down and Nino silently cried, comforting his girlfriend.

I then got a call.

"Adrien," Nathalie said. "We need you home. You can't stay at your sleepover."

"Okay," I say, trying my best not to sound like I was crying. I wash up in the bathroom and now it looks like I wasn't crying.

I said by to Nino, Alya, and his parents before going into my car that just pulled up.

I sit in the back, buckle my seatbelt, and close my eyes.

I keep telling myself that this really didn't happen, that it was all a dream, but no use.

Marinette's dead.

We arrive home and I see Nathalie waiting at the end of the staircase.

"May I speak with my father?" I asked pitifully, and Nathalie had a hint of sadness in her eyes.

She nodded and I headed upstairs to his office.

I opened the door, and father's head turned to look at me.

"Adrien." He said, nodding. "Sit." He motioned to the chair.

"What is the matter that you wished to speak about?" He asked.

I tried so hard to hold back my tears.

"Today-" I couldn't do it. I'm not strong enough. I broke down into sobs, and covered my face with my hands.

I jus wish my mom was here. She would comfort me, telling me it's gonna be okay, and do anything in her power to make me feel better.

But she's not here anymore.

And the only person who could do that is not here anymore either.

I cry harder, thinking what did I do to deserve this life.

Nothing.

I do everything in told, be the perfect son my dad wants me to be, always gets homework done, do fencing and chinese, get an A+ I'm every class, and still manage to smile.

I cry some more, and then I feel a pair of arms wrap around me.

I look up to see father hugging me. Almost tearing up himself.

So he does care for me. He does. He loves me.

I'm not completely alone. Yet.

I hug him back, and my tears finally stop.

"T-thank you father." I say, my voice hoarse from crying and screaming.

I wanted so badly to tell him that I'm Cat Noir, if I didn't have this aching feeling in my stomach telling me not to.