Epilogue: Always

HEY GUYS!! I'M HYPED! LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK BEFORE IT IS FINISHED! OMGGGGG YAYYY

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THIS BOOK, ESPECIALLY Mishka-adv HarpieLover998 ShadeFaith206 and Mendes_Holland_ !!!!

Book Two should be out...uh...maybe in a few weeks?

Enjoy this last chapter!!

(Adrien's POV)

I scream. I was up in a pool of sweat, breathing heavily.

I had another dream of a loved one dying; but it wasn't mom this time.

It was Marinette.

I haven't had a nightmare in a long time. Matter of fact, I haven't had a dream in awhile!

I know Marinette had nightmares. What caused them? Could there be a akuma?

Soon enough, father and Nathalie were knocking on my door.

"Adrien? Are you okay?" Nathalie asked.

I was about to respond when an image of Marinette's limp cold body appeared in my head.

I screamed again; louder this time, and covered my face in my hands while sobbing.

"No! No no no no no Marinette...come back please," I whispered. "Don't leave me. Don't let me go."

"I don't want to feel the same pain again." I whispered more.

"MARINETTE YOU PROMISED! YOU PROMISED ME! You promised me..." My screams turned into sobs.

Father and Nathalie basically busted down the door.

They hugged me. I still have family.

I'm so selfish.

"It's okay, son." Father said. "It's 2:30 a.m., try to go back to sleep."

And with that, they left and I soon fell asleep.

The next morning was peaceful. Saturday morning. I have a photoshoot at 9:30 a.m., it is currently 8:26 a.m.

I go to the dining room to find father downstairs talking with Nathalie. They didn't hear or see me, so I crept closer.

"That's a good idea, sir," Nathalie said. "You might actually win-g against them this time."

I feel light headed. Did Nathalie, the helper around the house, never have an expression, just make a pun?

Then father laughed. Wait, what?! He laughed? He smiled, tilted his head back slightly, and laughed.

Hmm, what an odd day.

I walk into the kitchen, pretending nothing happened.

"Good morning, father, Nathalie." I said, smiling at them.

"Good morning, Adrien." Nathalie said, back to her monotone voice.

"Good morning Adrien. And please, call me dad for now on. We're all a family." Father- er, dad said.

I smiled so bright I thought it was going to light up the room. It be the new sun.

"Ok dad," I said. "We're all family."

I think of Marinette. Tears prickle at the corner of my eyes.

"Think about what she would want you to do." Dad's voice said.