Chapter 13: Love and Fears

{As promised! Mari's fears!}
(Mari's POV)

Everything went black.

I woke up, on the Eiffel Tower, as Ladybug, next to Cat Noir.

"You ready?" He asked. I saw Alya in front of me, with her phone out.

"Hello, Ladyblog! Today is the biggest day! Ladybug promised that she would reveal her identity to ALL OF PARIS! Get ready!" Alya said while grinning ear to ear.

"Spots off." I said. Cat Noir and Alya gasped.

"Marinette?!" They exclaimed in unison.

"Ladybug was my best friend this whole time?! How could you not tell me? I'm your best friend! I would die for you if I had to! And you kept this secret from me?! How are you even Ladybug? You're clumsy!" Alya practically screamed at me. A tear escaped my eye.

Cat Noir looked at me. "It was you this whole time?" He said in disbelief. "The whole time, Ladybug, my partner, my love, my lady, was Marinette? Why didn't you just tell me? This could've been way easier if you just stop being quiet and said something!" He glared at me.

I went home. I didn't want to hear anything else. I went to bed and the next day I went to school.

"Oh, here comes the clumsy, Ladybug. Like, seriously, how could someone choose HER of all people?! If anyone should be Ladybug, it should be me!" Chloè whispered behind my back.

"You're right! What idiot was that high to choose her? Underneath that mask she is nothing!" Another girl said.

Suddenly, Adrien, Alya, and Nino walked up to me.

"I thought I could trust you," Alya said and walked away.

"Not cool, dudette," Nino added before joining her.

"I'm sorry, but you're not who I thought you would be." Adrien lastly said before disappearing into the darkness the clouded around me.

I fell to my knees, crying. "I'm sorry I'm not what you expected."

No.

This is a nightmare. Not real, right? I stood up.

"No!" I screamed. Suddenly the darkness disappeared and everyone I knew was looking at me.

"I am Ladybug! I protect you and this city almost every day! I make sure you guys are safe with my life at stake! You better be grateful because without me, none of you," I said, not including Adrien because he never got akumatized before.

"Would be here right now. So you better thank me or I'm leaving and I won't be back." And with that, I turned and walked away.

"Good job, little Ladybug! You accomplished my challenge! Guess you're keeping your Miraculous." The Challenger's voice rang in my head. I suddenly woke up.

Cat Noir still was laid down on the ground, asleep.

"Too bad I can't say the same for your cat friend." He said as he reached for his Miraculous.

I swung my yo-yo around his wrist and stopped him.

"Naughty, naughty Ladybug! Cheating is against the rules! He failed my challenge, so I get his Miraculous." The Challenger grinned.

"Lucky Charm!" I threw my yo-yo in the air and received... a pillow?

I looked around. The high school's rooftop, the side of a brick building, my yo-yo, and the pillow.

"Got it." The Challenger threw a punch at me, at I dodged it with my yo-yo. I ran up to the top of the high school, then ducked.

"Where are you, Ladybug?"