Chapter 6: Trust

(Marinette's POV)

I am just sitting at my desk, thinking.

What does Cat Noir come to visit me out of all people?

Why am I so special? I thought Cat Noir liked Ladybug, but now he's acting as if he likes me.

Will he be back every day?

I honestly thought the only kind-hearted people liked me. After all, I am clumsy and I can't do anything right.

But I'm not complaining. I kind of like it when Cat Noir visits. It's nice to have company.

I used to think that his corny cat jokes were lame, but now, for some strange reason, I find them funny.

Call me crazy, I know.

But don't get any ideas now, I don't like him. My heart is set for Adrien.

I sigh as I look at my phone. The time read 18:49. (6:49) Dinner should be ready soon. Cat Noir left around an hour ago and my parents are back.

"Tikki?" I ask, looking for her. No response. Huh. That's weird. "Tikki?" I ask, louder this time. I look around my room frantically but find her nowhere.

"Tikki? Tikki! Where are you?" I call as I search my bed, then my purse. But still, she is nowhere.

A cold sweat comes to me. How will I transform into Ladybug now?

I then have a horrible thought: could Cat Noir have taken it?

He wouldn't have, right? I can trust him.

But then where did she go?

I will just ask Cat Noir tomorrow. Or I could just ask Adrien for me since he said he's good friends with him.

"Marinette! Dinner!" Papa calls me from downstairs. I hope Tikki is alright.

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

(Adrien's POV)

I am fiddling with the doll that Marinette had said it was. But, it looks just like a kwami. Perhaps she is Ladybug. But then things wouldn't talk, move, nor blink.

Plagg flies out of my shirt. "Tik-" he begins, but cuts himself off.

"Where did you get that?" Plagg asks.

"From Marinette. " I respond casually.

"Did she give it to you?" He asked, inching closer to me.

"Not exactly," I answer. "Why are you so concerned anyway?"

"So you stole it? Marinette will never trust you again! Turn into Cat Noir and give it back to her now!" Plagg demanded.

"No! I need to know if she is Ladybug or not." Plagg shakes his head.

"You know, you should just RESPECT her wishes. Not deny them. She will be mad that you took one of her personal belongings. If you truly love her, you would respect her wishes."

"Since when did you become a good parent?" I mumble as I nod.

"I've always been awesome with parenting." He replied and I jump because he heard me.

"Ok... But, when she sees me in her room with her doll, wouldn't she ask why I'm there, why I have her stuff, and how she thought she could trust me!"

Plagg nods. "Yeah. But you got yourself in this mess. It's just the consequences. You're lucky I'm here to get your head straight."

I sigh. "Plagg, Claws Out!"

When my transformation finishes, I propel myself towards her house. As I get closer, my heart pounds and my head throbs. I am nervous.