Chapter 25: Goodbye

WARNING! ! THIS CHAPTER MIGHT BE TRIGGERING!

I'M SORRY

:(

(Mari's POV)

I cry. And cry and cry and cry.

I can't take this anymore.

"Why do I mess up everything?!" I scream as I clutch my head.

The pain, the pain from so many voices mixing together.

I can't take it anymore.

"I'm s-sorry Tikki!" I say as I take off my earrings. I put them into the box Master Fu gave me and set it on the counter.

"Why? Why why why why why?! Why do I keep hurting those who care for me?! Why do I keep loving those who ignore me, and ignore those who love me?! Why?!" I keep screaming; even though it makes my head throb even more.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE IN THIS EARTH ANY LONGER!" I scream so loud the door shakes.

Nope, it was my parents. They were home.

Of course, they came home when I didn't want them to, but weren't here when I needed them most.

How am I Ladybug when I have the worst luck?

"WHY?!" I scream again, and I hear a thud before two pairs of arms wrap around me.

"Sweetie, calm down, please," My mom said. "Please!"

"Marinette, be strong. Don't let the negative thoughts take over! Don't let it!" Papa said.

I hear my mom crying. See, I hurt another person I care about.

Why can't I stop?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why am I still living?

Why am I Ladybug?

I take in a deep, shaky breath, an attempt to call me down.

It didn't work.

"Mama, Papa, please d-don't tell anybody, but I'm L-ladybug. But, I don't w-want to be Ladybug anymore."

I point to the box and they gasp.

"It's okay sweetie, your secret is safe with us." Mama said.

"T-thank you. Thank you so much." I cry into their arms, and we stay in the same position for awhile.

I finally stop crying an hour later and stand up with my parents.

My head was throbbing; my vision was blurry; my legs feel weak.

Black dots start to cover my eyes, and I started to feel dizzy.

No, I thought. No. Not today. No no no no no. I don't want to be in the hospital again. No.

"Why don't you get some rest, sugar bun." My dad says and I nod. I pick up the Miraculous box and head upstairs.

I set the box on my sink before going to my trapdoor, leading to my roof.

I climb up and lean against the railing.

A crazy thought ran into my head, and I considered it.

Why not give it a try?

I stood on the railing; and I spread my arms out like wings.

Here I go, goodbye Paris, goodbye Hawk Moth, goodbye friends and family.

Goodbye Tikki, my beloved Kwami. I'm also so very sorry.

Goodbye everyone, everything, Earth and beyond.

Goodbye.

I take in my final breath before falling.

Goodbye, Ladybug.

(Adrien's POV)

I made it back to Nino's place, sad and stressed and worried for Marinette.

I feel so guilty.

"S-so...what do you guys want to do?" Nino says awkwardly, this was our first sleepover with all four of us, now three, so we didn't know exactly what to do.

"Um, watch T.V.?" I suggested.

"Um, sure. Let's watch Lord Of The Rings again." Alya said and we all sat in front of Nino's bed, but in front of the T.V.

Halfway through the movie, I felt a pain in my chest. As if something terrible was about to happen. Like I was about to just lose the world, the universe, in just a blink of an eye.

I didn't hesitate. I didn't wait.

I noticed that Alya and Nino had already fell asleep.

"Plagg, Claws Out!"

I run faster than I ever did before. I ran fast like my life depended on it, well it did.

To Marinette's bakery.

I arrive and see her, standing on her railing. Arms spread apart, ready to fall.

Then she jumped, and I stood there. Stood there, shocked.

My body refused to move.

But I forced it.

I ran, I ran and I caught her. In the middle of the street.

I catch her and see that she is pale and limp.

"Marinette." I say, refusing to believe that she is dead.

"MARINETTE!!" I scream to all of Paris.

"NO! MARINETTE! NO! I'M SO SORRY! I COULDN'T SAVE YOU! I shouldn't be the superhero of Paris...I couldn't even save you."

Tears. Tears is all I see.

"Marinette please wake up! Please! I can't lose you too!" I clutch onto her and fall to my knees.

"Marinette please! Don't leave me alone in this world! Please!" I scream to her again and fall to my knees.

The rain gets harder. Thunder, lightning.

"MARINETTE!!!!!" I scream to try to wake her up, but to no avail.

"No! No no no no no no!! It wasn't suppose to go like this! W-we were supposed to be happy, live a good life...get m-married and have kids...because you l-love me and I love y-you." I'm choking on my tears now.

She's not waking up.

She stayed limp in my arms.

Her parents came out, probably hearing all the screaming, and once the saw Marinette and I they immediately broke down.

Why?

Because the universe is gone.

My princess is gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cried writing this chapter omgggggggggg

Sorry guys! 100 words short! :P cliffhanger too...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, be sure to leave a vote and a comment!

~Asia