Chapter 8: Questions

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and votes. It is truly appreciated! ❤❤✌

(Adrien's POV)
(A few days later, Adrien is late again)

I quickly run out of the bathroom realizing that the bell rang. I was trying to hide from Chloè, again! I quietly open the door and sneak in and sit down, but Ms. Bustier heard me.

"Adrien? Why are you late?" She said, turning around from the board and giving me a confused look.

"I-uh... had to get something out my locker! Hahaha sorry." I rub the back of my neck.

She smiles and continues her lesson.

~~~*~~~

Finally, school's over.

Nino and I walk out of the classroom talking.

"Hey, dude, you know there's a Spring dance coming up in June. You coming?" He says, giving me a curious look.

"Uh, I don't know. First off, I don't know if father would keep me in and second off, Chloè is gonna want to dance with me, and I don't want to because I love someone else....." I cringe when I realize what I just said.

"Woah, dude, you like someone else? Who?" Nino said while lightly punching my chest.

"I, um....." I clear my throat. "Promise not to tell anyone? Especially not with the person involved?"

"Meaning I know them? Anyway, I promise." He answered, holding out his pinkie finger.

I hold out my pinkie as well and we make a pinkie promise.

"Ok... I was thinking...um..." I blush. "Marinette."

I close my eyes and bite my lip as I wait for Nino's reaction. But it never came.

I opened my eyes to see him smiling with his eyes closed and shaking his head.

"What?" I ask.

"You have no idea." He responds, still shaking his head.

Then I hear a car horn. I turn my head to see that my ride has arrived.

"Bye, Nino. See you tomorrow." I say, walking away while waving.

"See you later, dude."

~~~*~~~

When I finally arrive home, I go straight to my room and turn on the news.

Nadia Chamack was just talking about the weather.

I sighed as I turned off the T.V.

"Plagg?" I found him at my desk, sleeping. "Plagg!"

"Huh? Wha...?" He said and floated up and looked at me.

"What is it? I was having a dream about Camembert!" He complained and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you have any idea why there hasn't been an Akuma attacking for the past few days?"

"No. Maybe Hawk Moth is taking a cheese break, or he quit '

evil doing." Plagg answered while grabbing a piece of cheese and swallowing it whole.

"I doubt it. Let's go for patrol. Plagg, Claws Out!"

"Why is it always when I'm eating my cheeeeeeseee?!" He says as he is sucked into my ring.

When my transformation finished, I leaped out my window and bring out my staff to call Ladybug.

She didn't answer.

"Ladybug! Aren't you wondering why no Akumas have been attacking? Meet me at the Eiffel Tower!"