Domestic - Kyle Broflovski

Kyle Broflovski x Reader 

For: cowshark

----------

When your husband was a genius, it was natural that you'd spend a lot of your time alone due to his constant need to work, or interviews with talk show hosts who wanted to praise his latest idea or project. 

And, at first, Y/n didn't let it bother her. She knew she'd have to suffer through this to love the man of her dreams, and she was completely willing to do so. 

But, as time went on, and she spent many date nights by herself at their reservation for two, her patience grew thin. She grew lonely, and longed for his attention, for his affection like he had once given her endlessly. 

She decided to express this to him one night as they lay in bed, his hands on a notebook, scribbling down his last thoughts while hers were folded in her lap, looking over at him through her lashes. 

"I... I just want a moment of your time..." Y/n whispered, and Kyle nodded, continuing to write. She knew he wasn't fully listening to her, but she chose to persevere and continue with what she was saying. "I have loved you since the moment I met you, and I will continued to love you for the rest of my days, but I feel lonely when you're gone, because even when you're here, you spend no time with me, only wanting to work and work and work until everything is perfect." 

As she spoke, she could feel herself getting hysterical, so she tried to calm herself, but it wasn't working. She was beginning to cry, and Kyle had noticed this, gently placing his notebook down to focus completely on her, wiping at her tears and placing his forehead to hers. 

"Hey, hey..." he cooed to her in a gentle voice, cupping her face in his large, freckled hands. "I love you, so fucking much. You're the only constant in my life, and I appreciate that so much. When I come home from my long trips, or I leave my lab for a moment and see you smiling as you draw, or humming along to the radio as you prepare the most amazing dinners ever, I feel safer than I ever have, and I love it so much. You're my rock, my constant, the one I can count on to love me whether I was the great genius everyone knows me for or not." He pulled her in, her ear against his chest and hearing his mellow heart beat before he began to rub at her back. "I'll try harder to make you feel the same, Y/n, because you are the most important person in the world to me, and I want you to feel that at the end of the day." He kissed her softly and her eyes grew heavy, having been reassured of her love and from the emotional distress, she grew tired. 

He laid her against her soft pillow, stroking her hair until she was completely asleep, holding her in his arms and falling asleep himself. Domestic moments like these were what Kyle Broflovski lived for...