Phone Call - Clyde Donovan

This one is for me, just a little something I thought of to make myself feel a little better. Thank you all for your patience.

-------------------

Ring. Riiiiing.

"Come on, pick up." Y/n whispered, her hand shaking a little as she held the phone to her ear. "I know you have your phone."

A groan came from the other end of the phone and she almost cried in relief, "Hello?" Clyde's drowsy voice was like music to her ears.

"Clyde, thank god. I know it's late," Y/n's eyes flicked to the clock that read 12:31am, "but I just needed to talk to you." She sat on the edge of her bed, putting the phone on speaker phone as she flopped backwards.

Clyde rubbed his eyes and yawned before he hummed an incoherent response. "Yeah? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

A smile broke through on Y/n's lips. Clyde was always so compassionate, and always there when she needed him. It made him the best friend she had ever had. "Yeah, I just... I don't know what to do in my life anymore. I think I'm worthless..." her voice broke on the last word and she bit her lip to keep from crying out. These thoughts had been eating at her for the last week, but she had tried her hardest to keep them to herself. No one else wanted to listen to her self deprecating thoughts. She knew that.

Clyde was a lot more awake now, and sat up in his bed as he grappled with the phone. "Woah, woah, hey... that's not true, honey. Why do you feel like that?"

Y/n shrugged, "I don't know. My brain just keeps telling me that I can't be happy. That I don't know anything or have any form of self worth. Sometimes," she sighed, "most of the time, I believe it, too."

"Are you in a safe emotional state, or should I come over?" Clyde's voice was filled with concern, and she whimpered.

"It would be nice to have someone here with me..."

"Say no more, Y/n. I'll be over in two minutes." Clyde hopped out of his bed, slipped on a pair of slippers, and grabbed his keys from the nightstand. He sped down the stairs and out the door, thinking about Y/n all the while. She truly was his best friend, and he knew that she had these thoughts, but he tried his darndest to make sure she knew she was loved and wanted.

Y/n didn't hear anything for a while, and she grew nervous. "Clyde?"

His voice was like a light in the dark. "I'm here. Not literally, just yet, but I'm here. I'm passing Kyle's house right now, okay? I'll be there in just a second."

The relief overwhelmed Y/n. She didn't have any truly dark thoughts, but knowing that she had a person to rely on and talk to made things a lot easier. She couldn't wait for him to get there.

A knock on the door awoke her from her daydream, and she got off her bed and moved into the hallway towards the door. "Should we hang up?"

When she opened the door, Clyde's cheesy smile was there waiting for her. "I love our phone calls, so I'll leave that call up to you." He winked as his extremely bad pun came out, and Y/n groaned.

"Bad pun. Bad, bad pun."

"Sorry, I couldn't help it."

Y/n led Clyde to her bedroom and climbed onto her bed, opening her arms to him. "Cuddles?"

Clyde kicked off his slippers before bouncing onto the bed and wrapping his arms around her, "Abso-fucking-lutely, babe." He kissed her forehead and sighed happily.

It was quiet between the two of them for a few more moments before Clyde spoke again, "If you want to talk, feel free. I'm always ready to listen." When he got no response, he peeked down and saw that she was fast asleep in his arms. He kissed her forehead and snuggled down lower next to her, giving her a tight squeeze.

"I love you, and I'll always be here for you."

--------

I really needed this fluff and sweetness, I hope you all like it as well.