E I G H T

Daniel POV

I was once again driving Cayden to Elise's place.

"Why am I always doing this?" I whined as we were about a block away from her apartment.

"Because I'll do the same when you finally get yourself a girlfriend." Cayden replied while rolling his eyes.

When we got there, I saw Elise looking at me. She walked over to the car and I rolled down the window.

"I heard that tonight there was going to be a really pretty sunset. Annnddd I know you love beaches, so I wanted to suggest it to you." She winked.

"I was planning on going there anyways, I always do that while I wait for your boyfriend." I replied

She nodded and started walking to the movie theater with Cayden. I shook my head and drive to the beach.

As I was walking, I looked at the sunset. I had to admit, it was really pretty. In the distance, I heard some singing. It sounded familiar. Like I had written this song a long time ago.

I walked to the noise, and saw Emma sitting against a willow tree, a notebook open, and a guitar in her arms.

"I didn't know you could sing." I smirked

"Daniel! I-ummm I didn't know you were there." She said awkwardly. "Sooo,what did you think of the song?" She asked her blue eyes looking at me.

"It was really good!" I simply replied. Her face dropped and she stood up.

Did I say something wrong?

"Okay, that's what I thought." Emma said, her blond hair waving in the breeze.

"W-what? Why are you leaving?" I asked, not knowing what I did. As she was leaving, I grabbed her hand and stopped her. She took it back, and just looked at me.

"Because. You don't remember. I obviously wasn't as important to you, as you were to me." She stopped

"W-what are you talking about?" I said, not knowing what to say.

"Exactly. I would have thought you would have realized the song by now. Good bye, Sea" Emma said, while throwing something at me.

———

Andddd that's it! What did you guys think? I know this was a supperrrr short chapter. But oh well.

Hahahahaha jkjk. I'm not finished 😂😉 also I'm going to be changing the POV's a lot rn to show their emotions better.

Emma POV

"Exactly. I would have thought you would have realized the song by now. But, I guess I always knew I would never be good enough for you. Good bye, Sea" I said, while throwing the moon necklace that had his initials on it.

Elise was wrong, he didn't remember me.

I was actually disappointed that he didn't remember. I even used the old nickname I used to tease him with. "Sea".

I started walking walking away, while a tear rolled down my cheek. I finished running to my car, and I drove to the apartment.

Daniel POV

Memories flooded back of all the times I had been called "sea". Only one person called me that. I looked at my feet and saw the moon shaped necklace. I picked it up and looked up.

She's gone

I felt a tear run down my cheek. "How could I have been more stupid?" I said, not caring who had heard.

I traced my fingers along my initials in the moon, the familiar feeling somehow making me more and more sad. No, not sad. Disappointed in myself.

I will never forgive myself.

———

Aannddd that's the ending. Well... of this chapter, not the book. Jeesh if I ended it here, bramble would legit come to my house and force me to write more. Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter... baiiiii