Ch: 4

Once we entered the room, I saw a long table with chairs seated around it. There is also a giant window that over looks Naboo. On the table is a data pad, it's too far away for me to see what it was about from here.

"The meeting will commence shortly." The leader of the small group of people told us before he left the room. The door of the room closed once he left.

I went over to the table and began reading the data pad, it was a treaty of some kind. I heard Qui-Gon and Obi wan talking but I tuned them out, concentrating on the data pad. The treaty spoke of an invasion, and then I realized somthing, if I signed this then the invasion would be legal, I can't sign something like this. I turned away from the table and untuned the world around me.

"These Federation types are cowards. The negotiations will be short." I heard Qui-Gon tells Obi wan. What were they talking about? I asked myself. But before I asked them a droid brought in a tray filled with drinks and sat them on the table.

"My master thought that you may be thirsty." The droid tells us. "So he sent some refreshments."

The refreshments were water, and that's not a drink I really like. I really only drink enough water so that I'm not dehydrated. I think that should be the only real reason for us to drink water.

"Thank you." I told the droid.

"Your welcome." The droid says before turning around to leave.

"Wait." I called out to it.

"Yes, princess?" The droid says.

"What is this about an invasion?" I asked the droid.

"All questions related to that should be asked to my master." The droid tells me and then wanders off.

Once the droid is out of ear shot and the door closes, Qui-Gon asks, "Invasion?" It was a low whisper, barely loud enough for me to hear it.

I walked back over to the table and motioned for them to come closer to the table. Once they were in earshot, I whispered to them, "this treaty will legalize the invasion should I or my sister sign it."

"That is troubling." Qui-Gon whispers.

"Now we know why it was so easy to get on board this ship." Obi wan whispers.

I picked up one of the drinks and smelled it, it had some sort of poison or something in it. Whatever it was, I now knew that the water had been tampered with. Obi wan picks up a glass of water and snifs it as well.

"It definitely has poison in it." He says, a bit too loudly.

"I don't get it, why try to poison you if they need you to sign the treaty." Obi wan tells me.

"Either I or my sister can sign it." I told him. "And besides maybe if I don't sign it, I would be leverage to get my sister to sign it."

"How could you be leverage if your dead?" Obi wan asks me.

"It's not enough to kill you, you'll be fine if you get immediate medical attention afterwards." Qui-Gon tells me. And only after he says that did I realise that he had picked up a glass and sniffed it as well.

"How can you tell?" I asked him.

"The smell of it, it's smell is light. The smell needs to be a bit heavier in order to kill you straight up." Qui-Gon says. He places the cup back down on the table and Obi wan and I both do the same.

"Well, I'm not going to drink the water and I'm not going to sign the treaty." I told them. "So what now?"

"Let's find a way off of this ship." Qui-Gon says. "Before they find another way to catch a Jedi or 3."

Once he finished his sentence, I heard and explosion from down the hall. "What was that?!" I asked as we all turned on our lightsabers. Obi wan's was a dark blue, both of mine were an icy blue and Qui-Gons was a green blade. I looked around the room but everything looked normal, minus the green smoke coming in from the vents at the bottom of the floor.

"Dioxin!" Qui-Gon quickly exclaims. We all turned off our lightsabers and held our breaths.

Shortly, the door opens once the room is so filled up with gas that I can barely see in front of me. Luckily I can use the force to sense things around me. I sensed something, someone outside the door. It felt weird, they aren't alive exactly. Droids! I thought once I heard some pitter patter of their metal feet along the ship's floor.

We ignited our lightsabers at about the same time as I'm sure we had all sensed the danger. Suddenly laser bolts are soaring threw the air with us as their targets. I deflected the lasers back at the droids but they only knock out the few in the front. We jump threw the doorway, each cutting down a droid as we do so. We make our way to the bridge of the ship, cutting down droids left and right as we do so. Once at the bridge, Qui-Gon uses his lightsaber to cut threw the door while Obi wan and I are on look out.

Suddenly Qui-Gon stops and retracts his lightsaber. I felt a droid running threw the hallway towards us. I quickly used the force to pull it towards me and cut threw it with one of my lightsabers.

Qui-Gon plunges his lightsaber back into the door and tries to cut threw it once more. His lightsaber barely moves and it looks like it is taking him a lot of effort to cut threw the door. I plunged one of my lightsabers into the door to try and help him. My lightsaber barely moves and the amount of strength I'm using is more than I've ever used to cut threw something like this before. I hear droids coming up from behind us and pull my lightsabers out as Obi wan uttered the word 'destroyers'.

Qui-Gon quickly pulls out his lightsaber and uses it to block the incoming laser bolts from the destroyer droids. Let me just say, I am glade that I have two lightsabers at this second as it is easier to deflect the laser bolts raining upon me.

"They have shield generators!" I panically told the two Jedi fighting alongside me.

"Right, let's go." Qui-Gon says.