Ch: 31

"What?" Kala asked me. "There was a reason why the Jedi took us away from them at a young age."

"And that would be?" I asked Kala.

"So we weren't attached to them." Kala told me. "So, they couldn't be used against us to make us do something that we didn't want to do."

"When I first met you, you seemed cold, distant." I told Kala. "I thought that they could help you to learn to have someone in your life, like a friend but I didn't think that I could've done that without them. Then I thought that it was sad that you never got the chance to meet them, to see them."

After a few moments of silence, Kala closes her eyes before opening them back up again and says, "sorry, here you've done something for me that I didn't ask you to do, and I got mad at you. I...I didn't know how to respond to something like this. Does the council know?"

"No." I answered her question.

"When do we leave?" Kala asked me.

"Whenever the council decides if you can go with me or not." I told Kala. "And then after that, we'll haft to worry about how to get there. We'll either take a temple ship or my sister will provide a transport ship."

That night, as I was alone in my room, I pulled out my com link and called my sister. "Hey, Nova." Padme says when she picks up. "Like my surprise?"

"I didn't know that you gave me an extra invite." I told her.

"So, who are you bringing?" Padme asked me, curiously.

"I asked the council if I could bring Kala with me." I told Padme. "But I'm not sure if she wants to come."

"What do you mean?" Padme asked me. "Not sure."

"I just told Kala that you had possibly found her parents and she snapped at me as if she wasn't sure she wanted to meet them." I told Padme. "Then she apologized and said that she didn't know what to say."

"Is she coming?" Padme asked me.

"She asked when we where leaving and I told her that we could leave when the council lets her leave." I told Padme. "They haft to ask her Jedi Master first though."

---

The next day, I was with Master Yoda, teaching the younglings. It was around noon when Kala came racing into the indoor training room. "Padawan Kora, to see you, what a nice surprise." Yoda says the second that she enters. Which gets all of the younglings to look up at Kala.

"Oh." Kala says. "I didn't realize you where in the middle of a lesson, I was looking for Nova." Kala then turns her head and sees me in the room. "I was just following her force signature, I can find her again later if it's a bad time right now."

"Nonsense, welcome you are." Yoda tells Kala. "Doing much of nothing, we were."

Kala walks over to me and whispers, "what were you doing?"

"The younglings where practicing lightsaber stances." I whispered to Kala. "I was just doing what I could to help them."

"Oh." Kala tells me. "Anyways, my master's letting me go to Naboo with you."

"That was fast." I told her.

"He said that the council talked about it with him last night." Kala told me. "And he told me that I could go, he just told me this morning, after breakfast."

"That's great." I told Kala. "So, I take it you want to go?"

"Yes." Kala tells me. She then whispers in my ears, "I'm a bit nervous."

"You'll be alright." I assured her.

---

Later that day, around dinner time, Kala and I were called into the councils chambers. Basically, all they had to say was that the transport from Naboo had landed in the temple's hanger, ready to pick us up whenever we are ready to leave.

Kala and I were currently heading towards the temple hanger, to board the transport headed to Naboo. Once we were in the hanger, I noticed that Captain Panaka along with a certain Gungan where outside the ship, waiting for us. Seriously? Jar Jar is here? I thought annoyingly.

"Mesa so happy tosa see yousa again, Nova." Jar Jar announces to me when we get closer to the ship.

"Captain Panaka,...Jar Jar." I greeted them. "It's so good to see you." I gestured with my hand towards Kala. "This is my friend, Kala Kora."

"It'a nice to meet you Kala." Captain Panaka says to Kala. "I've heard that Nova has told the Queen so much about you." Kala looks at me questionably but doesn't get to say anything as Captain Panaka guides us onto the ship. "It'll be morning, almost noon there when we get to Naboo."

"It's what, around 6 in the morning there right now?" I asked them.

"Yeah, you girls might want to sleep on the way there." Captain Panaka suggests. "It's why we took the Queens personal ship, she says that you both could rest up in her Quarters. It'll be about 2 or so Coruscant hours till we get there."

"Alright." I told him right before I guided Kala to my sister's Quarters. When we got there, I noticed that the room was quite big, with a king sized bed along one wall, a wardrobe along another wall, and a door that leads to a private bathroom. On the bed, there was a note, it was addressed to me from Padme. I used the force to lift the note up and bring it to me, before I started reading it, "please wear something nice for when you get here. Both you and Kala may pick an outfit to wear from my closet, as the Jedi robes you always wear are too tacky to be wearing around a palace. You may pick one of the tiaras to wear out of my closet as you are a princess, and must be presented as one."

"Wow." Kala tells me. "Your sister really doesn't like the clothes that Jedi wear. Is your sister always this strict?"

"During the parade, she made me wear a dress, a tiara, and some makeup." I told Kala. "I had my lightsabers strapped around a belt on my leg as so they wouldn't distract people from the dress I was wearing." As I went to the closet to see what was in there, I told Kala, "you might want to dress up nicely as well, as I'm not sure if Padme would let you meet your parents dressed like...this. She's all about making a good first impression."