Ch: 26

"Are you alright?" I heard Padme ask me.

"I-I've gotta go." I told her as I just took off towards where I felt Obi-wan's force signature, it was full of pain and sadness.

When I got to where I felt Obi-wan's force signature, I saw him crying over the top of a lifeless Qui-gon. The sight made me want to cry, without thinking, I ran over to Obi-wan and gave him a hug. I rested my head on his shoulders as I didn't really know what to do. He just let me rest my head on his shoulders as I'm almost sure that he didn't know how to cope with the loss of Qui-gon.

~~~

Obi-wan and I where in the councils chambers with Master Yoda. I looked out the window at the setting sun and the speeders passing around the various skyscrapers of Coruscant. It was Yoda talking that pulled me back from my thoughts.

"Confer on you, the level of Jedi Knight the Council does. But agree on you taking this boy as your Padawan learner, I do not." Yoda tells Obi-wan.

"Qui-Gon believed in him." Obi-wan tells Yoda.

"The Chosen One the boy may be; nevertheless, grave danger I fear in his training." Yoda tells Obi-wan.

"Master Yoda, I gave Qui-Gon my word. I will train Anakin." Obi-wan tells Yoda. He then hesitates for a second before saying, "Without the approval of the Council if I must."

He would seriously go against the council with this matter? I asked myself. I guess if it was his masters dying wish. I never knew Qui-gon like how Obi-wan did, in fact, this mission was the first and apparently the last one that I had been on with him. He was known to not really agree with the council much and to sometimes go against there wishes altogether.

"Qui-Gon's defiance, I sense in you. Need that, you do not." Yoda tells Obi-wan. "Agree with you, the council does. Your apprentice, Skywalker will be."

~~~

As Obi-wan and I stood on a balcony, looking over at Qui-gon's pyre, Anakin asks, " what will happen to me now?"

"The Council has granted me permission to train you. You will be a Jedi, I promise." Obi-wan tells Anakin. Obi-wan then puts his hand over Anakin's shoulder as he looked down at the pyre. Obi-wan had his other arm wrapped around my shoulders as well as I had my head rested on his shoulder. I didn't really know Qui-gon but anyone that has died that I've met, even if just for a few moments, makes me sad to see them go.

~~~

We where currently on Naboo and I was in a dress, a bright blue dress with golden trims on it of all things, I was currently standing next to Padme as we watched the parade that symbols our victory at taking back Naboo. I guess I was still the Princess of Naboo so I had to dress up like this during these ceremonies and stuff. I'm wearing makeup, per Padme's request, white heels, I had my hair pinned up on my head, and I was wearing a silver tiara that goes over your forehead while Padme wore a golden crown that goes over your forehead. At least I have one of my lightsabers strapped to a belt that's wrapped around the upper part of one of my legs. Padme was dressed as the Queen as she is as there's no threat to her, she's wearing this big white dress with layers of lace around it.

In the parade, the Gungans are riding on creatures called Kaduu. The Gungan leader is in front of them all, with some Gungan guards standing around him. The Gungan leader holds a globe, the globe of peace, in his hands as he walks up the stairs to where Padme and I are standing. "Peace!" The Gungan leader says once he's beside Padme and I.

There are claps, whistles, and cheers coming from the crowd around us. I watched as Padme starred off, over to Anakin, with a smile on her face and Anakin smiled back. Does she like him? I asked myself. As I looked over towards Anakin, I realized that he was standing right besides Obi-wan, who had to wear his jedi robes, I think I was the only exception to that rule as I had to look like a princess. Obi-wan looked at me and a smile lit up his face when he saw me in my dress and makeup. Does...he like me? I asked myself as I smiled back to him. No, he can't...it's against the rules. But would he brake that rule...? After all, he threatened to go against the councils wishes if they wouldn't let him train Anakin. Maybe he would...but after today, I'll be back at training and it'll be like this never happened. The only indication that this had happened would be that Obi-wan is no longer a Padawan, and that he has Anakin as his Padawan, and that Qui-gon is dead.