Ch: 11

I stood next to the ships entrance, the ship landed a few minuets ago. I stood just outside the ship, on the hot sands of Tatooine. I had the hood of my cloak covering my head as the wind blew the sand lightly in the air. Once Padmé and I had settled out a way for her to join me on this planet, she went straight away to find Captain Panaka in hopes to get him to agree to our plan.

About a minuet later, Qui-Gon came out of the ship as well as Jar Jar and the droid, R2-D2. Why are we taking an annoying underwater species with us through a desert? Does somebody want him dead? Did he annoy everyone on the ship this badly for him to walk out onto a desert?

"Why is the Gungan, Jar Jar, coming with us?" I asked him.

"Apparently everyone on the ship thinks that he's annoying." Qui-Gon tells me.

"Messa sorry." Jar Jar tells me. "Messa jussa wanna talksa tosa everyonesa."

"But still, he's an underwater species and we are on a desert." I told Qui-Gon.

"Hey, the 'Queen' didn't want him in the ship when he could not be in it." Qui-Gon tells me.

I'm guessing that's a command from the 'Queen' or Pamdé saw how everyone didn't like Jar Jar's articulation. I'm just going with the latter. We started heading across the desert, I guess Padmé didn't convince Captain Panaka fast enough and I have no other way to buy her time to do so.

"Dis sun doen murder ta mesa skin." Jar Jar tells us.

"Should have thought about that before you bugged everyone on the ship to death." I whispered in a voice so low that I don't think anyone had heard me.

I took a deep breath as I felt two presences rushing towards us, I stopped as I took a glance back to see Padmé and Captain Panaka running towards us. So, she did convince him, she's cutting it close. I just realized that because I stopped, so did Qui-Gon and Jar Jar.

"Wait!" I heard Captain Panaka yell over to us.

Once they reached us, Captain Panaka says, "Wait. Her Highness commands you to take her handmaiden with you."

"No more commands from Her Highness today, Captain." Qui-Gon tells Captain Panaka. "Besides, the spaceport will not be very pleasant...."

"She is curious about this planet." Captain Panaka tells Qui-Gon.

"This is not a good idea." Qui-Gon says. "Her safety may not be guaranteed if we run into any trouble."

"I'll look after her." I told Qui-Gon. "Make sure that no harm will come to her."

"Very well." He tells me. "Stay close to Nova."

Padmé nods her head and joins me as we walk threw the desert, towards the town.

----

As we walks threw the town of Mos Espa, I see that almost everyone looks dangerous. Looks can be deceiving, I told myself. Padmé is looking around the town with an awed look on her face. I pulled her right in front of me as we passed a group of people that were a little too close for comfort.

"...moisture farms for the most part. Some indigenous tribes and scavengers. The few spaceports like this one are havens for those who do not wish to be found..." I heard Qui-Gon say.

"...like us." Padmé tells him.

Jar Jar is wondering around, as if he's afraid of everything. I can sense the panic, the fear, just rolling off of him in waves.

"Dissen berry berry bad. Ooooh...icky...icky...goo." Jar Jar says. I have no clue where he is or what he's doing as I have no need to know, plus I'm walking in front of where he should be. R2 whistles beeps of confidence as we continued down the streets.