Ch: 10

We all stood in the Queen's Chambers, where her hand maidens stood by her sides, well all of them besides Padmé as the Queen asgined her to me for the duration that I'm here. The droid that fixed the ship is rolled up to just a few feet in front of the false queen.

"A really brave droid. It saved the ship as well as our lives." Captain Panaka tells the 'Queen'.

"It is to be commended...what is its number?" The 'Queen' asks the droid.

The droid makes a series of beeps, it seems that little to no one can understand it. Captain Panaka leans over and scrapes some dirt off of the side of the droid and read the number. "R2-D2, Your Highness."

"Thank you, R2-D2.... Padme!" The 'Queen' calls. Padmé then gives the 'Queen' a bow. "This droid deserves our gratitude...would you please clean it up?" Padmé nods her head to the 'Queen'. The 'Queen' then turns to Captian Panaka, "Please continue, Captain"

Captain Panak looks at us nervously before Qui-Gon speaks up, "Your Highness, with your permission we're heading for a remote planet called Tatooine. It is a system far beyond the reach of the Trade Federation."

"I do not agree with these Jedi on this matter." Captain Panaka tells the 'Queen'.

"You must trust my judgment, Your Highness." Qui-Gon tells her.

I saw the 'Queen' glance towards Padmé, where as Padmé gave her a slight nod. You had to have been watching her to even notice that Padmé had basically told her yes to going to Tatooine.

"Then let's hope that nothing bad will happen there." The 'Queen' tells us.

----

Padmé and I were in the main area of the ship, it kind of looks like a living room. She had a rag in her hand, wiping the droid.

"Do you always do tedious tasks like this?" I asked her.

"They help me keep my disguise up." Padmé tells me. So I'm assuming that's a 'yes' then. I felt an annoying force signature enter the room. I chanced a look behind me and saw Jar Jar, just great.

"Hidoe!" The gungan says annoyingly.

I felt fear rise up in Padmé as she jumps back from the droid. The gungan scared her and now the gungan looks embarrassed about it.

"Sorry. Whosa are yousa?" Jar Jar asks Padmé.

"I'm Padmé." I heard Padmé tell him. Great, start a conversation with an annoying gungan, way to go Padmé.

"Mesa Ja Ja Binksss..." The gungan tells her.

Padmé looks up from the droid and towards the gungan. "You're a Gungan? Aren't you?"

"Yessa." The gungan tells her.

"What are you doing here? With us?" Padmé asked him.

"My no know...mesa day starten pitty okeyday witda brisky morning munchen. Den boom....getten berry skeered, un grabbed dat Jedi, and before mesa knowen it...pow! Mesa here...getten berry berry skeered." Jar Jar tells her.

The only word I can pick out from all of that is the word 'Jedi', let's just say that I have no idea how Padmé understood all of that. Or maybe she didn't, who am I to know? Padmé just nods her head to the gungan, without saying anything else. But the droid definitely knows what the gungan said since I heard it beep a sad yet sympathetic little beep. Don't ask me how I know it's sad or sympathetic, I just do.

----

I can feel the ship land, it's steady decrease until it hits the sandy world. Obi wan walked into the main area of the ship, where Padmé and I are. I was sitting on the couch and Padmé was still over by the droid. However, she finished with the droid a few minuets before we started to pull out of hyperspace.

"Are you going with Qui-Gon threw Tatooine, or are you staying on the ship?" He asked me.

"I think I'll go with Qui-Gon." I told him. "It'll be much more fun than staying on this ship."

"Very well." He tells me. "Be ready at the door when the ship lands." And with that, he left the room.

Padmé quickly got up and asked me, "Can I come with you?"

"You're the Queen." I whispered to her. "If something happens to you."

"Nothing will happen to me as I'm sure that you'll protect me, sister." Padmé tells me.

"How are you going to talk your way into it?" I asked her, I'm not going to argue with her. After all, I know that once she makes up her mind, you can't change it.

"The Queen is curious about the planet?" Padmé asks me.

"I guess that'll do." I told her. "Could've came up with a better excuse if we had more time to think of one."

"It should be enough for them to let me go with you." Padmé told me.

"Then you might want to make it an order from the Queen to let you go." I told her.

"I guess an order and an excuse is enough." Padmé tells me.

"Let's help so." I told her.