Ch: 27

The next day, I was right, I was in the training hall and Obi-wan didn't even notice me no matter how much I passed by him in the temple's halls. I was currently laying on my bed, with the door of my room wide open yet again. I had my eyes closed, deep in thought. About what though? It was like I was thinking but my mind was void of all thoughts, it's strange.

It was when I heard a knock on my opened door did I come out of my thoughts. I saw a small orange twi-lik girl, probably a youngling. "Yes?" I asked as politely as I could.

"Master Yoda wants you to come into the training room." The youngling told me.

"Alright." I told the youngling, having nothing better to do. I grabbed my lightsabers off of my nightstand and put them on my belt.

~~~

When I got to the training room, I noticed that there was something going on. There where two people in the middle of the training room, dueling with real lightsabers. When I got to a place I could see the duel better, I noticed that Master Windu was dueling Master Yoda. Master Yoda seemed too energetic to keep up with, and his small form gives him an advantage in a fight as there is less of him that you could hit with a saber compared to Master Windu. Yoda was jumping all around the area they where fighting, which caused Master Windu to be on his toes as nobody could know what that little green man could be up to next. Yoda jumped over Master Windu's lightsaber and landed on Windu's back, shutting off his lightsaber as he did so.

"Never underestimate your opponent, you must." Yoda says as he jumps off of Master Windu and throws his lightsaber at Master Windu. Yoda's blade hit Windu's at just the right angle and speed that caused Windu to drop his lightsaber. "Finished, you are." Yoda then uses the force to bring his lightsaber back to him.

"Ah, Nova." Yoda says as he notices me. "Just in time, you are. Now let's see."

"See what...?" I asked cautiously. After I asked that, the next moment I'm in the middle of the room with an opponent paired up with me. "Oh, come on." I said under my breath as I looked at the person I was up against, Mace Windu. What the heck even is this? I asked myself. Before I was here, Yoda just told me that this was to test how various padawan's handle themselves under pressure and nothing says pressure like a fight. Apparently that whole fight I saw when I walked into the room was to just show people what we're doing. Yoda pulled names out of a hat, basically just who a padawan fights is being pulled out of the hat. It's basically to decide which member of the council you're dueling with, there are some other names in there such as some of the masters who aren't on the council but want to participate in this. The padawan's are being told to do this by their masters and since Yoda is mine, I get to go first, yay, and Master Windu was chosen to duel me, as I say, yay, not.

"You can use both of your sabers." Master Windu tells me. "I'll hold back just enough to not hurt you but enough that this duel won't be easy."

"Yay." I stated with sarcasm as I gripped my lightsabers in my hands, I haven't ignited them yet. I held them in a reverse grip as I ignited them, showing their icy blue blades in the room. Master Windu ignited his purple blade as we both took up defensive positions.

When neither one of us attacked first, Master Windu chose to make the first move. Which I blocked with one of my blades. As we fought, he had me constantly in the defensive position as I couldn't find an opening to try and would probably miss if I even tried to go on the offensive at the moment. I blocked a shot aimed at my legs with one of my lightsabers while I quickly aimed my other lightsaber at Master Windu's side. However, he pulled away from my lightsaber that I had used to block his and he blocked my other lightsaber that was aimed at his side. Very quickly, I had the advantage in this fight, so I used it to back Master Windu up against a wall. As quickly as I had the advantage, I lost it as Master Windu very quickly, bashed his sabers up against my sabers, one after the other so fast that I couldn't keep up, and before I knew it both of my sabers where laying on the other side of the room, un-ignited. Master Windu had his lightsaber up against my face in a way that I knew that if this fight was for real, I would've been dead.

Master Windu un-ignites his lightsaber and brings it away from my face. " You put up a good fight and saw a weakness that you could've gotten me through. However, it was too short lived and you didn't notice my trick before it was too late and I disarmed you and that could've costed you your life had this not been a practice fight. So pay attention to everything around you, as that might just save your life one day."

I nodded at what Master Windu had to say as Yoda calls for another pair to take the floor. A young human girl, about two years older than me, takes the floor and a Jedi Knight follows her. they both take up fighting stances before they ignited their lightsabers, the girls lightsaber is an orange blade while the Jedi Knight's blade is green in color.

After watching their duel for a little bit, I started to feel hungry so I left the room in search of the Cafeteria.