Ch: 24

As Padme, Obi-wan, Qui-gon, and some gungan commanders stood around a small table with a holo map of the area on it, I sensed Anakin running towards us.

"They're here." Anakin calls out.

"That's good." I commented.

"They made it, right on time." Padme tells us a little before three speeders pulled up to the table we where at.

I noticed as the Gungan leader had put his arms around Jar Jar, which puzzled me at first. "Yousa doen grand. Jar Jar bringen usen an da Naboo together." The Gungan leader tells us.

"Oh, no, no, no...." Jar Jar tells the Gungan leader.

"So, wesa make yous Bombad General." The Gungan leader tells Jar Jar.

"General??! Oh, no...." Jar Jar says as if that's a bad thing. The poor gungan's eyes roll back, his tongue falls out and he collapses right on the ground. I tried my best to stifle a laugh.

The Gungan leader laughs while he walks over to us, which draws me back to the conversation at hand.

"What is the situation?" I heard Padme ask.

"Almost everyone's in camps. A few hundred police and guards have formed an underground resistance movement. I brought back as many of the leaders as I could. The Federation Army's also much larger than we thought, and much stronger. Your Highness, this is a battle I do not think we can win." Captain Panaka relays to Padme.

"The battle is a diversion. The Gungans must draw the Droid Army away from the cities." Padme tells him. She then looks towards the droid R2-D2. "Artoo, we can enter the city using the secret passages on the waterfall side. Once we get to the main entrance, Captain Panaka will create a diversion. Then we can enter the palace and capture the Viceroy. Without the Viceroy, they will be lost and confused." Padme looks towards Qui-Gon, Obi-wan, and I. "What do you think, Sister?" She asks me first.

"It could work." I told her as I thought over what she had just told us all.

"The Viceroy will be well guarded." Qui-gon quickly tells us, probably wanting to either come up with another plan or telling us faults with our current plan.

"The difficulty's getting into the throne room. Once we're inside, we shouldn't have a problem." Captain Panaka informs Qui-gon.

Qui-gon turns to the Gungan leader, and says, "there is a possibility, with this diversion...many Gungans will be killed."

'Wesa ready to do are-sa part." The Gungan leader informs us.

"We have a plan which should immobilize the Droid Army. We will send what pilots we have to knock out the Droid control ship orbiting the planet." Padme tells us.

"It's a very thought out plan." Qui-gon says. "However, there's great risk. The weapons on your fighters may not penetrate the shields."

"And there's an even bigger danger. If the Viceroy escapes, Your Highness, he will return with another droid army." Obi-wan tells Padme.

"Then we must do everything we can do to stop him." Padme tells us. "Everything counts on it."

~~~

I was currently with Padme as we sneaked around the city of Thead in order to get to the hangers. I watched as droids roamed around outside the hangers before the hangers doors flew wide open. Inside the hangers, I noticed that Obi-wan and Qui-gon where inside fighting droids. I quickly grabbed my light sabers as the pilots ran towards the hangers bay. I stayed close to Padme as we ran towards the hangers, my lightsabers ignited as I deflected away any blaster shots aimed at us. Padme had a blaster underneath the skirt of her dress, that she used to occasionally blast a droid or two. Once we got into the hanger, I used the force to pull all of the droids up into the air and to smash them down on the ground.

"Get to your ships!" Padme ordered the pilots we had brought with us.

All of the pilots got into the fighter ships and took off, everyone left had to duck out of the way as to not get knocked over by them.

"My guess is the Viceroy is in the throne room." Padme says as everyone comes together to rest for a second.

When we started to head towards the exit of the hanger, I heard the R2 droid whistle a greeting. I then watched as Anakin peeped his head out of the cockpit.

"Hey! Wait for me." Anakin calls out.

"Stay there!" I told Anakin. "It's safe."

"But, I...." Anakin starts but got interrupted by Qui-gon.

"Stay in that cockpit!" Qui-gon orders Anakin. Anakin then slid back down into the fighter.

As we continued towards the hanger's exit, I began to get an unsettling feeling.

"Stop!" I told everyone. I then looked over to Qui-gon and Obi-wan, who looked confused as to why I stopped us but soon probably got the same feeling as me. "Do you feel that?"

Right when I said that, someone in black robes appears and is holding up a double bladed lightsaber. Qui-gon and Obi-wan drew their light sabers and slowly started to drawn in on the person. The person has so much hatred, and is that a force signature? I thought as I felt his anger in the force, I suddenly felt cold as chills ran up my back. Padme and her small group started to back away from the person with the double bladed lightsaber. I stood protectively in front of Padme's group, my two lightsabers are not ignited but can be in a moment's notice.

"We'll handle this...." I heard Qui-gon say. "Nova, you protect the Queen."

"But...?" I started to ask but he interrupted me.

"Just incase." Qui-gon says.

"Alright." I agreed with him.

"We'll take the long way." Padme tells us.

The person with the double bladed lightsaber takes off his black robe, which causes Qui-gon and Obi-wan to take off their robes. Suddenly, I got a very bad feeling from the force as the three of them started to fight. Suddenly, I heard the sounds of battle droids rolling into the room. Which causes me to ignite my lightsabers yet again. It's too many droids for me to try to deal with all at once. Padme's group ran for cover and I followed Padme, deflecting every laser blast that comes my way. The droids start to come closer to us and I have no clue what to do. Just cut them down if they come too close? I asked myself. That sounds like a good enough plan.

Suddenly I heard a ship come online, I looked around and noticed it was the one that Anakin had hidden into. What is he planning? I asked myself. The ship begins to pull up in the air and a few seconds later, laser bolts come flying out of the ship and hits all of the droids firing at us.

"Let's go!" Padme says as I put my now un-ignited lightsabers on my belt as I didn't need them right this second.