Ch: 34

The man looks at the necklace that Kala had laid onto the table, before he starts to examine it. He eventually, takes both the pendant Kala laid on the table and the one his wife has and connects them together. The pendant halves snapped together perfectly in place to reveal the pendant the way it was before it had been cut in half. "It, can't be..." The man starts to say but his words drift off into nothingness. "How did you find us? Does the order know your here?"

"The order knows I'm on Naboo but they just think that I'm only here because Nova made me her plus one to the ball." Kala tells them, answering his second question first. "As to how I found you. Umm, I eventually made friends with Nova and unknowingly to me, she asked Padme to find you." Both Kala and I started laughing as I started to remember how Kala and I had first met. "It's been a strange start." Kala and I then told them of how we met, how Kala seemed rude when we first met, how I chased her, more or less, through the temple because she kept on avoiding me. Then we told them of how Kala approached me a week later and asked to duel, then of how we had lunch together and of how friendly Kala can really be.

"Shaky start, still a little bit shaky at times but we seem like bestfriends when you really take the chance to look at us." I said once we ended our story, which lasted until lunch was done as we had to take little breaks to shove some food in our mouths, once the servants had brought out the food that is.

"So, who did win the duel the two of you had?" Padme asked both Kala and I.

"No one." Kala tells her. "It was sunset when we stopped fighting as we were getting tired and hungry."

"A lightsaber fight isn't something that we get to see much." The woman tells us.

"That gives me an idea!" Padme tells us. "We have two Jedi here-."

"Padawan's." Kala and I both said at the same time, correcting Padme but she went on as if it didn't happen, like she always does.

"Why don't they duel during or at the end of the ball?" Padme asks, wanting to hear our thoughts about that.

"Probably a bad idea." I told Padme. "We don't duel for excitement, we do it to test ourselves, see how capable we are with our lightsabers."

"Kala says that neither one of you have beaten the other in a duel." Padme tells us. "You could use that to see how skilled you both are."

"It could be interesting to see people dueling lightsabers." The man tells us.

"Nova duel wields lightsabers." Kala points out. "It gives her an advantage to people who only use one saber. You should've seen the duel she had with Master Windu, he won but only because Nova didn't see the trick he was going to pull with his saber. Too bad she lost, it looked like she was winning at the end but that quickly changed."

"Since when do you not pay attention to details?" Padme asked me. "You would always point stuff out before they even happened, no matter if it was a fly about to land near us to a speeder about to knock someone over."

"It's hard to pay attention when I haft to focus on not only my two sabers but my opponents as well." I told Padme.

"Which is why you need more training in focusing during your fights." Kala tells me. "But I agree with you, sorry Padme, but I don't think that having a duel during a ball is right. Plus it could escalate very quickly and one of our lightsabers could slip out of our hands and into a wall."

"Has that happened before?" Padme asked me.

"One day when I was in the training room with Master Yoda, helping out the younglings. This little girls lightsaber flies out of her hand and hits another one of the younglings, a Togruta named Lily-la." I told them. "Luckily their lightsabers aren't real and only really gives them a burn if they touch it."

"That seems dangerous." The woman tells us.

"It can be highly dangerous, if it where a real lightsaber." I told them.

---

I was the first one to leave the terrace as I got a call on my com link, I had quickly excused myself before I walked through the hallways of the palace. When I got to a mostly private part on the palace, namely I went out onto another terrace that had nothing or anyone on it and answered my com link. "Hello?" I asked as I had no clue who called me.

"Nova?" I heard a familiar female voice ask on the other side but I couldn't place it.

"Hey, who is this?" I asked them.

"It's me, Tami." The familiar voice tells me. "It's about Lily-la."

"What is it?" I asked her, confused as to why she called me.

"She's missing, we can't find her anywhere." Tami tells me, her voice sounding concerned about her friend's wellbeing.

"It'll be alright." I told her. "We'll find her."

"But...what if she doesn't want to be found...?" Tami asked me.

"Why wouldn't she want to be found?" I asked Tami.

"It's Audbri." Tami tells me.

"Who's Audbri?" I asked them. "I don't think you've mentioned her before."

"She was Nathan's younger sister." Tami tells me. "She was mad that Nathan got kicked out of the order and blamed it all on Lily-la. She was the one that threw her training saber at Lily-la."

"I thought it slipped out of her hands?" I asked Tami.

"It did but on purpose." Tami tells me. "Lily-la was convinced that Audbri threw it at her on purpose. Audbri made it look like an accident so she could get away with it. Where are you at?"

"I'm currently on Naboo." I told Tami. "Sorry but I can't help you right this second."

"When do you get back?" Tami asked me.

I thought for a minuet, wondering if Kala and I where going to head back to Coruscant right when the ball ends or are we going to go back the day after. "In a couple of days." I told Tami, settling on that for an answer. "Just call me if anything worsens."

There was a short pause before Tami said, "alright," and ended the call across our com links. I wondered who let her use their com link as the younglings don't get one until they turn 12 or become a Padawan, whichever one comes first I guess.