Ch: 14

Just as we are about to enter the shop to make the deal with the flying alien named 'Watto', Padmé stops dead in her tracks.

"Are you sure about this?" Padmé asks Qui-Gon." I mean, trusting our fate to a boy we hardly know. The Queen will not approve."

"The Queen does not need to know." Qui-Gon tells Padmé.

I literally laughted so hard on the inside that my laughter threatened to spill out. The Queen does not need to know, I thought. Well, a little to little too late for that. If only Qui-Gon knew that Padmé was the Queen and that the Queen already knew of our plan and doesn't like it.

"Well, I don't approve." Padmé says, still standing outside of the shop. Qui-Gon and the others already walked into the shop and just as I was about to walk in, Padmé grabbed a hold of my arm.

"How do you feel about this?" Padmé asked me. "Can we trust the boy with this?"

"I-I think so." I told Padmé. "I feel something within him, the force, possibly. If anyone can do this, it would be him."

"Alright." Padmé told me before we both filed to Watto's shop.

Qui-Gon, Watto, and Anakin were already in the middle of the shop. Qui-Gon and Watto were already talking in the middle of the shop. Padmé and I immediately joined them in the conversation.

Watto was studying a hologram of the ship, "Oh, not bad...not bad...ah Nubian, ah."

"It's in good order, except for the parts I need." Qui-Gon tells Watto.

"...what would the boy ride? He smashed up my pod in the last race. It will take some time to fix it." Watto tells us.

I sensed embarrassment radiating off of Anakin as he stepped forwards, "Ahhhh...it wasn't my fault really...Sebulba flashed me with his vents. I actually saved the pod...mostly."

Watto laughts and says, "That you did, huh. The boy is good, no doubts there, huh."

"Well, I have acquired a pod in a game of chance." Qui-Gon tells Watto.

"I hope you didn't kill anyone I know for it." Watto says and then laughs. "So, you supply the pod and the entry fee; I supply the boy. We split the winnings fifty-fifty, I think."

"If it's going to be fifty-fifty, I suggest you front the cash for the entry." Qui-Gon tells Watto. "If we win, you keep all the winnings, minus the cost of the parts I need...If we lose, you keep my ship."

"You'd win either way." I told Watto.

After some time to think about this, Watto says, "Deal!" After that, we left the shop, as we had nothing else to do in there.

----

Padmé, Jar Jar, and I were all helping Anakin out with his podracer when R2 whistles, alertly. I looked up and noticed a group of 5 people comes over to Anakin. The group consists of a young boy about Anakins age, a red headed boy, a girl around Anakins age, a little girl that looks younger than the other girl, and a young rodian.

"Wow, a real Astro Droid... how'd you get so lucky?" The boy about the same age as Anakin asks.

"This isn't the half of it, Kitster. I'm entered in the Boonta Race tomorrow!"

"What? With this??" Kitster asks Anakin.

"Ona joka, Annie." (You are such a joker, Ani.). The Rodian tells Anakin.

"You've been working on that thing for years." The oldest of the girls speaks out.

"It's never gonna run." The other girl tells Anakin.

"Come on, let's go and play ball. Keep racing, Ani, you're gonna be bug squash." The red head tells Anakin.

All of them besides Kitster take off laughing. I watched as Jar Jar messes around with one of the energy binder plates. Do gungan's ever learn? I asked myself.

"Hey! Jar Jar! Keep away from those energy binders.... If your hand gets caught in that beam, it will go numb for hours." Anakin tells Jar Jar. I personally hopes that that would happen, maybe it'll make the gungan learn not to mess around with certain things.

Jar Jar then dropped the tool that he was working with. He goes down to pick it up, and when he comes up, he gets shooked by the energy binders.It makes a little electronic pop, and zaps him right in the mouth. Jar Jar tries to say something, but his words sound like they've been threw a blender.

"Ouch muy tonge is fat. Muy togne. Oucho." Jar Jar sounds in gubberish.

"Maybe you should have heeded Anakin's warning?" I told the gungan, while trying to make a straight face and not laugh. I turned back around and stared at the droids, 3-CPO, the droid that Anakin made, and R2.

"You know, I find that Jar Jar creature very...odd." The 3-CPO droid tells the R2 unit. R2 only sounds a few beeps in agreement.

"You don't even know if this things gonna run." Kitster tells Anakin.

"Only one way to find out." I told Anakin.

Anakin jumps into the pilots seat and turns his head to look at Kitster, "It will, I just know it will."

I sensed Qui-Gon walking towards us and I turned around to find him holding a small battery.

"I guess it's time we found out. Here use this power charge." Qui-Gon gives Anakin the small battery. "Come on Kitster, Padmé, and Nova. Lets move away."

"Mm...my mout. I'm stuck. Hep I'm s..." I heard Jar Jar try to say. I watched as Padmé went over to help the Gungan, who appeared to be stuck in the ship.
I'm pretty sure that only he could manage something such as that?

"Muy tonge is fat...." Jar Jar says.

I heard R2 beep something and 3-CPO agrees with the droid, "You're quite right. He's very odd indeed."

"Ow, th...thank yous." Jar Jar tells Padmé once she helped him out.

Jar Jar gives the thumbs up signal to Anakin before moving away from the podracer. Anakin flipped a switch and the engines ignited with a loud roar. I can sense happiness rolling off of Anakin as his pod had started. "It's working." Anakin shouted over the loud roar of the engine.